• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worried about my son

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:34 PM
  • 11 Replies

I am so worried about my son hes 8 months old and he cant situp what so ever! He's in physcial therapy for it and they have no clue whats going on. I cant even put him the cart at wal-mart b/c he leans to the side i have to keep him in his carseat. Phenix can barley crawl he just scoots across the floor on his tummy. I was told that he may need a hard shell back brace or a wheel chair if he doesnt get better theres also a chance he'll need both! I try to sit up but he just screams and cries in pain, i cant put him in anything to where he has to sit b/c he cries or flops to the side i dont what to do execpt pray, any advice would help thanks : )

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrisMom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Hi!  Sorry to hear the little guy is having such a rough time.  Has he ever been checked for cerebral palsy or scoliosis (you can be born with scoliosis, which is a curvature of the spine)

Gos bless and best wishes

Daneene

marshsmom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:12 PM

I have no advice, but I'll send some good thoughts to you and your son.  Hang in there!

AandPMommy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:32 PM

no he hasnt been check for those but when he goes back to the doctor i'll make sure they run test to see thanks!

Wow2boyz
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:45 PM

I will be thinking of you!! prayers

k8njksmom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:15 PM

What a worrying time for you.  Have they done x-rays on your baby?  My god-daughter (who was quite a big baby - and a difficult delivery) cried non stop as a baby - they found out that she had dislocated something in her spine when she was born.  I 'm sure theyll check everything they can for the poor little fellow. My thoughts are with you.

RetroWife
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:19 PM

A neurologist can check for cerebral palsy. Maybe your doc can give you a referral.

happytexasCM
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Have you tried a chiropractor?

You can also check the boards here ; maybe someone there will have an idea of what could be wrong.

Momsince1106
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:35 PM

it's not totally abnormal to not be sitting up yet. My son just started sitting up at about 9 months. He would fall over in the cart too. My MIL told me to get 2 rolls of paper towels when we went shopping to prop him up.

He didn't crawl until... i think 10 months

BttrMom0407
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Does he have a true medical condition? If not, then he seems "normal" All kids are different. My the norm standards my kids were late.....my son crawled at 8 months, my daughter at 10 months. My son walked at 14 months, my daughter at 13 months. My daughter got teeth months after my son did. Yet my niece started walking at 9 months. Every kid will develop at their own pace. My daughter hardly sat at 8 months either....I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that she was so tiny. She was only about 13lbs at 8 months....she just didn't have the muscle, lol. Anyway, I'm sure your son is fine....but if not, I hope whoever it is you're seeing can figure it out. Good luck!

momtoamo
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:34 PM

I have know kids who did not sit up at this age.  yeah know one right now.  He will be 1 next month, he does not crawl yet.  All kids are different.  Hope it all goes well for you.

"Abandoning the children in the forest to feed ourselves/  We will all stay more healthy if we do not distribute wealth/  Aimed friendly fire/  There is only greed living the life that we desire/  As we set sail across the raging sea/  Unconquerable by reality....."  Anti-Flag.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)