• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 month old always wants to stand! *piog*

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:34 PM
  • 6 Replies
All my son wants to do is stand up. I lay him down and he gets pissed - I sit him up and he gets pissed - I stand him up and he starts laughing and smiling and having a great time! The only problem is, my arms get tired after like 10 minutes and I have to put him down or pass him off to somevody else - this kid gets passed around like a peace pipe! Haha! But anyways, is it too early for me to put him in one of those stand up bouncy things? He's really good at holding his head up, but he does get kinda wobbly sometimes. Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch in advance!
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
vannahs
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:59 PM

My son loved to stand too when he was an infant.  I actually used to let him walk around the house while I followed behind him holding his hands.  It's hell on the back but he loved it.  (He didn't like the exersaucers or walkers though) 

Blissydissy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Hell no!!!  Put him in an exersaucer or a jumperoo and let him go to town!  Why would you think he is too young?

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
pregnancy
lilblufrog
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:04 PM

My daughter was/is tiny. We put her in an activity center at 3 months and put a blanket behind her so she didn't "flop" in the seat. If you are up to it (like the 1st poster said) you can get "walking wings". They are pretty cheap. I wish I would have had one. It will also help you get some practice chasing the LO around, lol;)

thluvprincess.gifaunt.gifbsm_lovemylilgirl_pink.gifdaughter_2.jpgMOMBLINK.GIF

jabs54
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:09 PM

When my dd was a baby our saucer said don't put them in it until 4 months but she was very strong like your baby and I put her in it at 3-1/2 months with lots of blankets padding her. 

meganhead
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:14 PM

What about a front carrier?  He gets to check out his new world and you get to be hands free.

Parksey27
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Sounds exactly like my son!!! And guess what, he started walking at 9 months! We got this toy below to save us from having stand him all the time and he LOVED it, in no time he was flying in it! lol. It's like $80 but it was worth every single penny! The chair comes off too so you can use it still when he is older. You can get it at Target and Babies R Us

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)