Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a piece of the Titanic!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:38 PM
  • 12 Replies

My dh and teenage dd and I went to the Titanic exhibit last weekend.  She loved the movie when it came out (she had a crush on Leonardo) and has been interested in it since.  She has read lots of books about it so we thought she would enjoy seeing it.  It was amazing to see pieces of the ship.  And we bought our dd a necklace that has a tiny piece of coal in it that was on the Titanic.  We think it is pretty cool to have a piece of history like this :)  Has anyone else seen the exhibit?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tisha1115
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:51 PM

wow that sounds awesome. Where is the exhibit located, I may want to go sometime. 

jabs54
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Quoting Tisha1115:

wow that sounds awesome. Where is the exhibit located, I may want to go sometime. 

Thank you, obviously not too many history buffs on here ;)  We saw it in Milwaukee WI.  I know they have a few different sites so google it to see if it is near you.  Good luck.

XoSassyAmberXo
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:23 PM

thats great! i saw the exhibit i really liked it. its interesting. the necklace sounds really cool! 

ForeverMeme
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Took my 7 year old grandsons to see it in California a couple years ago. They were in awe! They really were very into it! Oh and they loved the ice wall that was in it! 

MaggieMomof3
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Wow!! That is so cool. I know my daughter would really like to go to a Titanic exhibit...Ok I admit it so would I. We BOTH love that movie and never get tired of seeing it. We were just talking about it yesterday morning. I will have to see where the nearest one is. My daughter would also love to have one of those necklaces. She was only a year old or so when that movie came out but I saw it three times at the movies...LOL!

starestrada
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:40 PM

No but Iam seriously jealous! That is so cool! 

Mommymo08
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:18 PM

We went on Monday!!  It was really cool, although I wish they had more artifacts on display.  We didnt buy any of the coal because we are saving for a vacation, but that is really neat!

ColtsFan1912
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 1:09 PM

i'm torn on it. I LOVE the Titanic with a passion (hence why 1912 is in my handle).. i"ve been obsessed with her story for as long as i can remember. . .while its kinda cool they brought stuff up for us to see it kinda makes me sad too.

"To sum it up all in one, I can't help but loving you, reminders of finer things so pure you were sure they would crumble & break, but so beautiful you knew they could not..perfect down to the last eyelash" Element 101.

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 9, 2009 at 1:11 PM
We had seen it in Indiana a few years ago. My daughter just saw it in Milwaukee this year too.
mamafor6
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 1:13 PM

WOW that is awesome how much money did it cost if you dont mind me asking

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)