Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please keep the BS aside, im thinking of our kids

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:55 PM
  • 35 Replies

I do not want to start any bashing, what is your choice is your choice..but please watch this video.its only 6 minutes long.and its a true story

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loveskellen
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:57 PM

I didn't know it was a big deal OR a law until I joined cafe mom.  I was just going to RF my DS until I THOUGHT he was to big.  Thank God I found out different!!!

Nera1214
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:07 PM

Do they have any rear face carseats for 4 yr olds??

Dawn4175
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Wow!  How scary!!  I had nooooo idea about ERF until cafemom and I had an accident with my son in the car when he was 2.  I thanked God then that he was ok, this makes me want to thank him again!

McDonaldlnc
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:10 PM

that is sooo sad..

Nera1214
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Quoting loveskellen:

I didn't know it was a big deal OR a law until I joined cafe mom.  I was just going to RF my DS until I THOUGHT he was to big.  Thank God I found out different!!!

Thank you for this video cause I really would not want to experience anything like this happening to my child or any other child. Seeing a child or even your child in that predicament its a very hard thing to imagine. I could not imagine what the parents, and family went through.

kanooch1011
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:19 PM

My kid is almost 3 and 31 pounds...I think I will put her RF again.  I knew it was recommended, yet didn't do anything but a video like this really opened my eyes.  Thank you.

AndrewsMommy01
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:30 PM

That makes me want to put my son in a RF car seat and he is 7 going to be 8 in a little over a month. That is sooo sad. I will keep this in mind for sure when we have another baby. Thank you for posting this.

cowgirls10181
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:39 PM

thanks ill keep that in mind

Cara5
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 1:00 AM

Thats a great video...lots of good info, you should check out their website too.

To the mom that asked about rear facing her 4 year old...it depends on how much she weighs.  Heres the nutshell:

Most car seats rear face from 5lbs to anywhere from 22lbs to 35lbs.

If you have an infant seat (the type that snap in and out of the car and can be attached to a stroller or carried around) then once you reach the Rear facing limit your done with that seat, it cannot forward face.

If your seat is a convertable seat, meaning it can rear face AND forward face then once your child reaches the rear facing limit in order to keep using that seat you must turn it forward facing...rear facing past the weight limit of the seat is not safe.   

*Most convertable car seats only harness to 40lbs.* 

*Right now, 35lbs is the highest rear facing limit on any seat available in the united states.*

There are lots of other options besides putting your child in a booster after he hits 40lbs.  If you have any questions or concerns about your carseat or if you want to learn more about carseats that will harness your child past 40lbs please visit the carseat safety group here at caremom!!!!!!

Lauren & Cara MOMS of SIX great kids!!! 

a_sailors_wife
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Im sorry but i cant watch the video. I choose the front facing but in the back seat and very safley secured in there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)