Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wedding food

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 5:31 PM
  • 11 Replies

Helping a friend plan for her wedding...What kinds of food did you have at your wedding?

2005mommyCB.gifSDK_ILoveMySon.gif

ilovemommyhood.gifpink.gif blinkies image by juicychk1

katie

by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamad122
by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 5:33 PM

BBQ pork/chicken
Baked beans
Rolls
Cheesy Potatoe Casserole
Lots of salads and other sides

Chocolate fountain and cake

lilmomma92706
by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 5:35 PM

My MIL and GMIL did all the cooking. It was a very hot summer day and the wedding was outside. It  was just after lunch so there were veggies and dip, lunch meat and cheese, potatoe salad, pasta salad, lots of picnic type foods. Pretty cheap but very yummy!!!!

ColieO
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2009 at 5:37 PM

We are having dollar roll sandwiches with turkey and ham. A fruit tray and a relish tray (pickles, cheese and olives), Mint brownies, punch.

We were going to do pulled pork sandwiches but our budget didn;t look too kindly on the extra $400 it would have cost. lol.

mommyoftwo395
by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 5:39 PM

My wedding was in the summer and very hot...I had BBQ my fav.  We had all the fixing's to go along with it to.  Good luck.  Food is just food it's the cake that you remember and the dress...:) 

This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.  Psalm 118:24

LoriAnn87
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2009 at 6:07 PM

scallop with bacon, chicken masla, chicken fingers, macroni and cheese, stuffed shells, sauage and peppers, garden salad, macrnoi and potato salad.  

kltaylor07
by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 6:11 PM

i'm getting married in 6 weeks and very low budget.  thankfully we have some excellent connections though!  ha  we're doing a pasta bar mainly and my cousins who are cateers are going to help with that.  then my maid of honors family owns a chain of steak restaurants and they are providing us with tenderloin that we'll slice for sandwhichs.  my cousins are making some other type of stuffed mini baked potato things i think... i dunno.  i'm so lost on all the details that if someone is already handling it then good for them, whatever works!  ha. 

I'm 23 & a mom to 1 crazy little monkey, Taylor Wrigley (go cubs go!). I haven't taken the easy road but I have taken a very blessed and fun one!  I'm also a full time working mom (i RAISE my son too btw, gasp!) as an interior designer. I live in Oklahoma (BOOMER!) out in the boonies. I love going to the playground, meeting new people, traveling everywhere, a nice ice cold beer, showing our son the world & having fun! My SO is that guy that has never met a stranger, works with his hands everyday, lives in flip flops, jeans, hat and a white tee. He is a wonderful SO and an even better father...and we just got ENGAGED! I love my life!

mamaoftwins9197
by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 6:13 PM

I'm not married, but my parents had a local BBQ company cater theirs and it was awesome!  Ribs, chikcen, baked beans, potato salad, coleslaw, etc.

kanooch1011
by on Apr. 18, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Our eight year anniversary is coming up, so thoughts of our wedding day have been prominent.

We had:  A crapload of appetizers during the cocktail hour; for dinner we had started with soup (I think cream of mushroom or no, wait, I believe creamy mushroom and wild rice), then salad

Filet Mignon along side a broiled chicken breast, stuffed tomato, twice baked potato, aspargus. 

Dessert-we were served was some type of small ice cream with chocolate sauce over it, and then the fruit table and sweet table were opened up.

KatieFaulkner
by on Apr. 18, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Just reading these are making me hungry!!!

2005mommyCB.gifSDK_ILoveMySon.gif

ilovemommyhood.gifpink.gif blinkies image by juicychk1

katie

darkeyedmom
by on Apr. 19, 2009 at 11:26 AM

I've been with my hubby 21 years married 12 this coming june for both. We've been in our house for 16 years. We have a beautiful yard. We got married in our yard, so we had a clam bake catered. What a party that was. We had a dj. We have a big built in pool. What a great time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)