Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Names

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:05 AM
  • 19 Replies

What are your childrens names? First & middle leave out the last name ( you never know who is surfing cafemom) Did you have a hard time picking your childs name out? Why did you name your child what you did? What other names were floating around for your child?

by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngelKissedMama
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:07 AM

My daughters name is Cadasia Serena Ilene. Her daddy wanted to name her that so he threw the name in & I absolutly feel in love with it.

So it stuck to her lol....

We didnt have a problem naming our dd but we had a few names to chose from

Cadasia Alexis, Shayna Alexis,Cadasia Whitney Marie & Cadasia Serena Ilene & we chose Cadasia Serena Ilene it has such a beautiful ring to it.

smahoney81
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:12 AM

My son is Alex David. I had no problems naming him at all. Alex is after my grandfather and David is after my brother.

My daughter is Araya Beverly. I picked out the name Araya and since it was the only name my husband and I could agree on it stuck. Beverly was my grandmother that passed away right before I found out I was pregnant.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2009 at 8:12 AM

Joshua Matthew (Biblical)

Caitlin

She doesn't have a middle name. Her father wanted her to have a Gaelic name (We are both Gaels). She (now at 26) wants to tame my 1/2 first name and my maiden name....Caitlin Siobhann Ryan. I think she's sweet to do that.

Kassie19

My son's name is Jordan Lawrence..

I have always wanted to call my son that, so there were no other options...

Jordan comes from my papa (step-grandpa) who passed away when i was 10 he was my best friend and pretty much my second dad...geesh i miss him

and...

Lawrence is my fathers middle name and also my dad's bio dad's first name whom i never met, he passed away when my dad was 20.

i love the name and wouldn't have it any other way :)

momaof8
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2009 at 8:12 AM

Cassandra Marie-  we call her casey  we wanted a strong name we wanted her to be strong she was supposed to die before birth, but she is a healthy 19 year old today,

Heather Eileen

Samantha Rose

Daymon Noah- we chose his middle name daymon was his birth name

Evan Michael-  Means chosen of God he was our first adoption

Christopher Robin

Tyler Patrick- We chose his middle name Tyler was his birth name

Shayne Liam- We chose the middle name Shayne was his birth name

Thats all of them  we usually took two copies of the same baby book and made lists of the names we both liked then chose from those lists. Except Samantha  we only had two days notice and my husband said how about Samantha you have always loved that name.

mrs.D.W.

oldest son is named after his dad.... terry lee III

my baby is Leland Keith.... i actually got leland off of dog the bounty hunter and keith just popped in my head one day.  the alternate name for Leland was going to be samuel after my sister samantha.

Phatpatswife
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:16 AM

Alyssa Katherine - just a name we liked.

And James Dougles - James is my husbands middle name and Douglas his my FIL's name.

TJP_ASP_MOMMY
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:18 AM

Tyler Joseph ~ It was the only name me and his father could agree on( middle name is a family name), if he was a girl he would have meen Gianna Marie or Genesis Marie.

Aubri Stacia ~ Loved the name Aubrey but didnt like the masculinity of it so spelled it the french way. If she was a boy she would have been Ethan Michael. Other names that I considered were Autumn Ruby or Gabrielle Stacia. Stacia is afer a friend of mine that died when we were 17.

Tyler Joseph ~ 09/26/03 & Aubri Stacia ~ 08/08/08

My heart, my soul, my life!

When you are happy, I'll love you with a joyful heart. ~ When you are sad, I'll love you with a heart made heavier by your tears. ~ When you are right, I'll love you with a heart filled with pride. ~ When you are wrong, I'll love you with a heart that has learned acceptance. ~ When you succeed, I'll love you with a cheering heart. ~ When you fail, I'll love you with a heart that rewards the efforts you made. ~ When you dream, I'll love you with an encouraging heart. ~ When you give up, I'll love you with a heart that is strong enough for the both of us. ~ And when you are simply you, in whatever mood or phase of your life, I'll love you with all my heart, and more than you'll ever know. 

Christa81
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:41 AM

my dd is arianna rose..i choose arianna when i was around 15..i seen it on a specialty plate and loved it! her father choose rose after pete rose who is who he was named after but his mom used raymond and family name as his middle name

we decided on her name before we even knew it was a girl,we joked about boy names which we can never agree on..lol.

silvercrow
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:05 AM

Raven Marie ( it was suposed to be silver raven but i opted to drop the silver from her name )

Dakota John ( I wanted Neo But NOOOOOO Daddy Said NO.. Dakota because i love the name John for my late stepdad)

Trinity Skye ( Trinity Has nothing to do with being my Third I Lost out on Neo i was damned if i lost out on Trinity... Skye sounded best with it)

Trysta Rowan (Trysta sounds Like Trista and Rowan sounds Like Rowann.. Again I wanted Morgaine Fae but NO.. We Comprpmised Tristin if it was a Boy Trysta if it was a girl.. both can be linked back to King Arthur and Avalon)

Every time You See a Rainbow God is Having Gay sex......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)