Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would YOU do? I don't know what I should do

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:59 PM
  • 9 Replies

A few days ago my husband was talking about not knowing what to do for Mother's Day. Then he goes, "I know what I'll do, I'll give you some money so you can get out of this house..maybe meet up with your sister for a movie or dinner". I said, 'thanks but no thanks I would rather spend my day with my husband."

Well, my Dad just called and asked if I wanted to go fishing with him. He said, "I'm going to be honest, I didn't even think about it being Mother's Day so I called Joe (my husband) and asked him if he wanted to go and he said, 'I'd love to but I'm going to spend the day with Brandee (me)'. I thought that was really sweet.

Now onto my question, I REALLY want to go fishing. I LOVE LOVE fishing and I have not been able to go in 2 yrs and my Dad has a new boat we will be taking out and it will be my first time on it. I don't know if I should go though b/c of what my husband said to my Dad about spending the day with me, however a few days ago he said I could get out of the house if I wanted to. I just kinda feel guilty now though b/c my husband turned down fishing to spend the day with me and then I'm going to go fishing and leave him alone. Argh...what to do what to do....

What would YOU do?

I'm a SAHM to 4 children, Mommy to Irish Twins, married to my best friend, breastfeeding, circumsizing, anti CIO, spanking when needed, kids don't get away with much, NIP and don't care what you see b/c my child has a right to eat, keep a clean house, non husband bashing, LOVE to laugh, smart ass kind of Mommy. Nice to meet you.

"Natural feeding is the duty of every
mother and the birthright of every child"

"While breastfeeding may not seem the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby." ~Amy Spangler

by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
itsallabtthem84
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:03 PM

I would go fishing, lol.

My daughter loves your aviator, she was kissing my screen saying kissed baby, lol.

CafeMom Tickers
atlmom2
by Susie on May. 8, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Its your day and you need to do whatever you want to do and not worry about your husband. 

GOBryan
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Why don't you ALL go fishing??

That sounds like the logical solution to me.  

If one of you has to stay home for the kid's sake, then you should go with your dad. He can go any other time.

Is your child too young to be on the boat??

MommyofAddison
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:08 PM

Honestly, I would go fishing another day... who knows what hubby has in store for you. But I also hate fishing!! LOL!

sexeegyrl
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:09 PM

yeah, my husband would have to stay here....we have 4 kids. IF we could get a babysitter he could come with me

ETA...our kids are 8,6, 18 months, and 8 months

Quoting GOBryan:

That sounds like the logical answer to me.  

If one of you has to stay home for the kid's sake, then you should go with your dad. He can go any other time.

I'm a SAHM to 4 children, Mommy to Irish Twins, married to my best friend, breastfeeding, circumsizing, anti CIO, spanking when needed, kids don't get away with much, NIP and don't care what you see b/c my child has a right to eat, keep a clean house, non husband bashing, LOVE to laugh, smart ass kind of Mommy. Nice to meet you.

"While breastfeeding may not seem the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby." ~Amy Spangler

CARA2008
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:10 PM

I agree here! Other wise stay home with your husband!!

Quoting GOBryan:

That sounds like the logical solution to me.  

Is your child too young to be on the boat??

Blissydissy
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Why can't you and your husband both go fishing?  Take the money he gave you and hire a sitter so you can both go and spend the day together.  Though I think Mother's day is a day for your kids to show their appreciation for you so I don't think I could spend the day without DD and my hubs.  Have fun whatever you do!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
pregnancy
sexeegyrl
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:14 PM

He would have to stay and watch the kids. The only babysitter we have that I trust is my sister and she will be out of town. I'll only be gone until about 1-2 pm. The only thing my husband has "planned" is a nice dinner on the grill. I think I might go fishing. It will give me nice needed stress relief break and I will also be home early enough to spend it with my immediate family as well.

Quoting Blissydissy:

Why can't you and your husband both go fishing?  Take the money he gave you and hire a sitter so you can both go and spend the day together.  Though I think Mother's day is a day for your kids to show their appreciation for you so I don't think I could spend the day without DD and my hubs.  Have fun whatever you do!

jabs54
by on May. 8, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Too bad you both can't go.  If you could go for a couple hrs and then spend the rest of the day with your hubby that sounds like a great compromise.  Good luck, I hope you have a great Mothers day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)