Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do? Update

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:53 PM
  • 5 Replies

My daughter is going to a massage therapy school this fall.  She knows she will have some weekend seminars and commitments.  She is dating a kid that will be a senior next year.  She is dead set on going to homecoming with him.  I already saw she has a seminar she will have to do that weekend.  NOT that she will miss the whole thing.  She will be able to be back to go to most of all of the game on Friday, and on Saturday she can be back to go to the dance with him, just not out to eat.  They have dated a long time and will probably continue.  Question is do I let her find out this information on her own, probably just a few weeks before Homecoming, OR do I tell her now, so she knows and can accept its part of college and that is the way it is.  Its not as if the whole weekend is ruined, she will have to make concessions and come home and be in bed Saturday after the dance so she can get up and get to school on Sunday, also no dinner before the dance.  The seminar is Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 9-6 and we live an hour from the school so she has an hour to and from school. 

For me, I would just want to know and stop the wondering when will the seminars be?  She has 9 weekend seminars for her schooling over a year program.  Some are just Saturday, some Sat-Sun. and some are Fri-Sun.  This one just had to be a Fri-Sun. one. 

by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jabs54
by on May. 8, 2009 at 3:23 PM

I would tell her now.  I know for my dd sometimes she may hear something she doesn't like but after a few days common sense sets in and she can see it more clearly.  You can help her "work through it".  Good luck.

mamad122
by on May. 8, 2009 at 3:26 PM

I'm confused why you have the schedule and she doesn't but I would go ahead and tell her now

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 8, 2009 at 3:28 PM

I thought more about it and will probably tell her after she graduates in a few weeks, or have her actually ask the question during her interview at the school in June after she graduates.  I can lead into it saying "remember, things might interfere but they will somehow work out too".  I don't want her to wait until Sept. for her to find out, plus I think she will have to sign up for the seminars after she gets accepted anyway, at least the ones in the fall. 

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 8, 2009 at 3:29 PM

I found it online on their website.  She doesn't have that information in the book she has. 

Quoting mamad122:

I'm confused why you have the schedule and she doesn't but I would go ahead and tell her now

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 8, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Wow, I am wrong.  Homecoming is the next weekend. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)