Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Neighbors.... Need advice...UPDATE! IAM LIVID!!

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:56 PM
  • 18 Replies

I have lived in my home for 4 years now and have had a few problems with my neighbors. They complained about my dog barking, I complained about it really being their dog barking instead of mine.. They complained about my grass being to long. Then they complained about my Trash can being by my garage door after it being there for 3 years already so I had to move it to my back yard because my garage is to small to fit a car and that too....

Now this is my Problem ......  They have a huge area of dog crap in the corner of there back yard  about 6 inches deep by my gate..YUCK.... well it is really starting to stink . I don't know weather to let it go since there has been such a conflict or call and complain.. Any advise would be great.. Oh and no I can't  talk to them either.. Been there done that  (different problem) Didn't work... Thanks... Now I am going to get ready to go watch Star Trek YAY!! 

I will check back tomorrow..... Thanks again!!!

UPDATE::

Well I decided to let it go a while to see if they cleaned it up.. Well they did,  right into MY yard.. I was livid.. He told me that it was our dogs poop and  we were throwing it over in his yard for months..  WTF.. That damn dog poop was there in his yard before we even got our dog.... These people have serious head issues....  When I noticed  the dog crap put into my yard I called for an officer to go over with me because this guy makes me nervous. Well before the officer got here my DH decided he was going to confront him.( men can be so immature).. so he starts yelling at our neighbor. So I got in the middle of them telling them to stop when the officer got there.. Needless to say The only thing that was accomplished was me cleaning it up..  Man I hate these people.. and I cant afford to move..Besides I shouldn't have to .

Devoted Wives

Come join my Group. It is for anyone who knows what it is like to have a Husband or Significant other that is Disabled or seriously injured, Making drastic changes for them and their family for the rest of their lives.. We can support each other through these hard times.. You are not alone , and you don't have to be.

You can always find My group with the following URL:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/devoted-wives 

by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:03 PM

I would call the city and see if anything can be done about it.  Sounds like these people are just assholes.  I got confused about the trash can.  Why did you move it. Is there an ordinance in your city about where it has to be?  Just a thought.....let them make all the complaints they want.  Don't make any against them...unless it's a absolutely valid complaint.  Document every time they make these complaints (if the city comes out there'll be a report).  Check with an attorney and find out how to file a harassment charge against them.  That's all they are doing, harassing you.

Terri

rogerstammy
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:27 PM

call the health department

jabs54
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:56 PM

If it stinks I would definitely call "someone".  Not sure if it should be the police, the city or the health dept. but definitely someone!  Good luck and keep us posted.

Buggy979
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:59 PM

All you need to do is call the city. If you are paying taxes  then they will be out to inspect it. If not call the local Health department!

vlester
by on May. 12, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Quoting jabs54:

If it stinks I would definitely call "someone".  Not sure if it should be the police, the city or the health dept. but definitely someone!  Good luck and keep us posted.

dani28
by on May. 26, 2009 at 12:41 PM

BUMP

Devoted Wives

Come join my Group. It is for anyone who knows what it is like to have a Husband or Significant other that is Disabled or seriously injured, Making drastic changes for them and their family for the rest of their lives.. We can support each other through these hard times.. You are not alone , and you don't have to be.

jbcmom
by on May. 26, 2009 at 2:04 PM

i'm sorry that you are going thru this and i really don't have any advice to give cuz i'm going thru the same thing. my neighbors are from hell. they call up about everything. they turned us into the hoa because we had a car sitting outside without a tag. if our grass gets alitlle long they turn us in. they trapped my cat(that i had for 5 yrs) and dumped him somewhere. they didn't even have the decency to take him to the shelter. if any one of my boys or any kid in the neighborhood steps one foot(and i'm not kidding here) on their lawn they are out the door telling them to get off their property. they've called the dog warden on my dogs just because they were barking. now they are trying their best to torment the new neighbors who moved in on the other side of them. calling the city on them cuz they have a mess in their yard from building a shed. they think they are better than everyone else and i just don't understand why they moved here knowing it was a neighborhood full of kids.(they are older with no kids). i wish they would move i can't stand them.

Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
babyfat5
by on May. 26, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Privacy fence! Get an 8 foot tall one if you have to! I also find with people like this if they keep calling over bullshit eventually nobody listens.

dani28
by on May. 26, 2009 at 7:39 PM

I wish I could get a privacy fence but I rent, and my landlord is to cheap to get one..

Quoting babyfat5:

Privacy fence! Get an 8 foot tall one if you have to! I also find with people like this if they keep calling over bullshit eventually nobody listens.

Devoted Wives

gmkamm
by on May. 26, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Are your neighbors renting or do they own?  If they rent, I'd find a way to contact their landlord.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)