Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

? can u eat Corn before colonoscopy (PIOG)

Posted by on May. 10, 2009 at 11:14 AM
  • 5 Replies

I have one friday and i know u can't eat popcorn 7 days prior but what about corn on the cob I love it and ate some yesterday and want to today but my dr didn't mention corn. does any one know if you can or can't eat it. I dont' want to have to reschedule this, i want to get it over with.

Thanks so much!

by on May. 10, 2009 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
atlmom2
by Susie on May. 10, 2009 at 11:16 AM

I used to work for a gastroenterologist and we never put restrictions on people except for the day before.  Believe me, that stuff cleans you out, totally!!!  Maybe things are different now though, I don't know. 

onefootcutiepie
by on May. 10, 2009 at 11:17 AM

I would think it's fine as long as you stop eating when they tell you to and take all the colon cleansing. Let us know how it goes, I have to go for one soon! I actually watched my husband's (it's was overseas, I insisted to be in the room)..it was very interesting, but make sure your colon is cleared out! 

QPPK
by on May. 10, 2009 at 11:18 AM

well they told me no nuts, seeds or popcorn 7 days prior, also no advil asprin so on. i get that but i didn't think of corn. I know it will be a wonderful cleaning out JK, but i wasn't sure about corn. My mom said it stays in your system a few days, but like u said if that stuff does the job then i will eat it. Thanks so much for letting me know!!!

maddys_mommy_ny
by on May. 10, 2009 at 11:19 AM

My mother works at a hospital and I am on the phone with her now, I read your post to her and she said NO. Any type of corn can not be digested and shouldn't be eaten within a week of the procedure.

pregnancy due date
QPPK
by on May. 10, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Quoting maddys_mommy_ny:

My mother works at a hospital and I am on the phone with her now, I read your post to her and she said NO. Any type of corn can not be digested and shouldn't be eaten within a week of the procedure.

okay i won't chance it then. I dothink they should list it then when they gave me the instuctions on what to do and not do. They didn't say anything just seeds nuts and popcorn. Thanks for askin for me though

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)