Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what causes NO period? *edit* (TMI)

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:08 AM
  • 31 Replies

aside from pregnancy or eating disorders?

I had 4 POS pregnancy tests, but went to the dr and had a blood test and it said there is no pregnancy. so why arent i getting my period and getting false positives on pregnancy tests (different brands)?

*EDIT* I just wanted to add that I was taking a shower today and my nip*les are sore and discolored slightly and had a wierd film (really hard to explain) on them.

I'm Slow

by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chamelinmom
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:12 AM

stress, excersizing extreemly or just late

jabs54
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:17 AM

I was never regular.  I would skip months without periods but are you usually regular?  Did you just go off birth control pills? 

acissejessica
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:17 AM

I have gotten my period the same exact time every month sinnce my first period ever (with the exception of my first pregnancy).
 I could even tell you what TIME I should get it, thats how regular I am.

Quoting chamelinmom:

stress, excersizing extreemly or just late

I'm Slow

MidnightKarma
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:22 AM

I would have your dr's office retest you. Maybe they mixed up the results with someone elses?

Other reasons for no period could be

menopause

stress

acissejessica
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:26 AM

im 27 and i have no more or less stress now than normal.

Quoting MidnightKarma:

I would have your dr's office retest you. Maybe they mixed up the results with someone elses?

Other reasons for no period could be

menopause

stress

I'm Slow

Nathans_mom0612
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:27 AM

could be many things... early menopause, PCOS, Endometrosis.  I would talk to your doctor because they can test for all those things.

acissejessica
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:29 AM

I'm also having back pain that I can not explain, but Its out of nowhere, it wasnt like slow onset, so it could be an injury I just do not remember, I dont know. my insurance sucks

Quoting Nathans_mom0612:

could be many things... early menopause, PCOS, Endometrosis.  I would talk to your doctor because they can test for all those things.

I'm Slow

holly082290
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:06 AM

What about VD that would make you stop getting your period. If i were you i'd go get yourself checked out.

acissejessica
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:14 AM

I'm married so the only way I could have recently developed VD is if some random dude came into my house and had sex with me while I was sleeping... in which case I don't think VD would be my biggest concern!

also Me and my husband were both tested this year for everything possible as part of a study at Walter Reed

Quoting holly082290:

What about VD that would make you stop getting your period. If i were you i'd go get yourself checked out.

I'm Slow

kricketandisla
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Im thinking you should get restested. It dosent make sense for you to have pos preg test at home and neg at the doc. Something is funny, i think you could be pregnant...:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)