Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cruises..

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:06 PM
  • 5 Replies

After enjoying several cruises, we'll likely never take a different type of vacation.. Everything is on the ships and it takes us to many destinations to enjoy.

So far we've only been on Carnival Cruiselines, which is great but when it comes to small children, it's not the most enjoyable.  Camp Carnival is open from 9-12, 2-4 and then 7-10pm.. but aside from that, there's not much else for them to do in between but the pool.. which leads me to an issue we had with a boy that had Pink Eye on this last cruise.. my son developed it along with croup.  If there's an illness, my son is sure to get it.. Needless to say, we can't worry about every possible illness.

Anyhow, I'm considering the Disney Cruise next time. Definitely in a suite this time since there's 5 of us..   We had an exterior cabin with a window and it was much too cramped because we figured we wouldn't be in the cabin much, like on other cruises we've taken; but when we're in the cabin, it's no joy in such tight surroundings.

What's been your best cruise and what are your DO'S AND DON'T S of cruising??

If you haven't cruised yet, this post may be informative for you and what to look for.

by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Kays_Mama06
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:16 PM

All i can say is that the Disney Cruise line is THE BEST if you have children. I went in my tweens so I thought i was "too cool" to hang with the younger ones, but if I was a good 5 years younger, I would've had a blast!

Royal Caribbean is good for adult only kinda thing.

acissejessica
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:23 PM

never been on a cruise but I am thinking of going on the nickelodeon cruise, I think it would be fun

I'm Slow

GOBryan
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Everyone that I've spoken with that has been on Disney has said that it's more expensive but well worth the price. 

I've never heard anything bad about the Disney Cruise.

We had the "Wonder" docked next to us in Nassau when we were on Carnival.. It seemed like a very cool ship.  

GOBryan
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:25 PM

I don't know Nickelodean... I'll have to check it out.

Quoting acissejessica:

never been on a cruise but I am thinking of going on the nickelodeon cruise, I think it would be fun

Kays_Mama06
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Quoting GOBryan:

Everyone that I've spoken with that has been on Disney has said that it's more expensive but well worth the price. 

I've never heard anything bad about the Disney Cruise.

We had the "Wonder" docked next to us in Nassau when we were on Carnival.. It seemed like a very cool ship.  

I believe we went on the Magic. And it is much pricier than others but really what would you expect from Disney? The best experience so its well worth it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)