Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this is who i'm remembering....

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:17 PM
  • 5 Replies

i've decided to do something a little different this memorial day....i am going to rmember those who have dedicated thier lives to serving the pople of the united states in  other ways than the military: those who volunteer in hospitals or nursing homes, caring for those the rest of us have forgotten.  foster parents, or people who care for orphaned children.  firefighters, police, even those who work in animal shelters, and anyone else who vulonteers for the betterment of america.  i think these people are overlooked too many times by mainstream america, and its time to say thanks to them, because with out them, our soldiers wouldnt have wnything to fight for.

so Thank You to anyone who volunteers.  and i challenge all of you to go and find someone who has dedicated their lives in an area that isnt the military, and thank them for the work they do.

by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
nikkiJ86
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:20 PM

I agree with you.These people are always overlooked.

BrisMom
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:46 PM

I agree too, they should also be thanked.  Volunteers help keep this country going and are it's backbone.  God bless them and I pray more people find the time and inspiration to become volunteers'

megan479
by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:31 PM

me too.  i hope i can back to volunteering in the animals shelter sometime soon.

Quoting BrisMom:

I agree too, they should also be thanked.  Volunteers help keep this country going and are it's backbone.  God bless them and I pray more people find the time and inspiration to become volunteers'

ForeverMeme
by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:34 PM

That's a great challenge! My niece is a foster mother and just adopted two of her kids. She has also raised a baby boy from the hospial until age two when he went back to his mama. I honor her and her hubby for being able to 'let go' when the time comes. 

megan479
by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:45 PM

good for her!!  my friends mom has been fostering the smae three kids for the last four or five years now, they call her momma, and my friend sister....i think that they are in the process of adopting them now, but its got to be hard to let go, especially after having those very first days together.

Quoting ForeverMeme:

That's a great challenge! My niece is a foster mother and just adopted two of her kids. She has also raised a baby boy from the hospial until age two when he went back to his mama. I honor her and her hubby for being able to 'let go' when the time comes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)