• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you call?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:53 PM
  • 14 Replies

ewww.

so, last week at my local walmart i bought expired yogurt. i took it back to exchange it and found ANOTHER expired package on the shelf UNDER the newer containers. i brought it thier attention.

i go in today to buy all my lunch stuff for the week. i was going to have fresh strawberries. i picked a package up, examined it and found MOLD growing on them.

how nasty and UNSAFE is THAT?? i didnt bother to check other packages and took that one straight to customer service.

i explained everything to the lady and she stood there looking at me like i was stupid. i then told her next time i find something like that in thier store i was calling the health department. she told me to hold on and paged the manager.

he called back, she explained the situation and he sent someone else to tell me it would be taken care of!

while i was standing there waiting another worker asked what to do with the berries... the woman i was dealing with told her to take them back to produce!!!! of course i interjected and said they had mold on them. THAT worker was disgusted and totally showed sympathy for my complaint while everyone else brushed me off.

grrrrr. so nasty! what if i hadnt checked? IM ALLERGIC TO MOLD!!

would you call the health department? i understand sometimes people have bad days and might miss something on the shelf... but... IMO 2 times in a week in 2 different departments in the store.... thats a bit much!!

~ We did not inherit this earth from our ancestors - We are borrowing it from our children ~

by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crowned_mom
by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:56 PM

i would. what do you have to lose? call them. that's ridiculous!

offrdngal
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Absolutely!  Not only would I call the health department, I would call or write the corporate office in Bentonville, Arkansas.

Corporate Office

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
702 SW 8th Street
Bentonville, Arkansas 72716-8611
479-273-4000

Terri

offrdngal
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:17 PM

I found a couple of 800 #'s:

Customer Service 1-800-925-6278  Questions regarding Wal-Mart store issue

Wal-Mart Ethics 1-800-963-8442  Questions regarding Wal-Mart Ethics

Terri

ToriBabe1221
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:17 PM

thank you so much :)

~ We did not inherit this earth from our ancestors - We are borrowing it from our children ~

offrdngal
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:19 PM

You're welcome.  That is just appalling how FILTHY that store is.  There is NO excuse for that.

Quoting ToriBabe1221:

thank you so much :)

Terri

loving_life508
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Once I would forget and forgive... but twice... and then telling the lady to put it back out there?  Yeah i'd report it!

Nursing-student.gif nurse blinkie image by peachy85254
ttc2.gif ttc #2 blinkie image by MrsFelmlee    

amnesialand69
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2009 at 8:21 PM

that is so freaking nasty. before i moved the one tops that i lived by i had to check things all the time. they always had expired chip dip and stuff and i mean like 20 containers at a time. ewww i can't stand people who don't do their job right. i worked in supermarkets pretty much my whole life and always made sure that anything expired was thrown out.

momswalk
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:10 PM

I would not only call, but I would call back to see what's been done about it. It may be public record...IDK. Also, like a PP said, I would call and call and call the corporate offices as well! NASTY stores! 

guitarlove
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:17 PM

YES report them.  ANy department should know full well to rotate their stock, and the customer should not be punished for lazyness.

I worked produce for two years (not at Walmart, tho) and would have lost my job if I let stuff like that through! We had to rotate and cull displays allllllll day long.

offrdngal
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:23 PM

This is sad....I looked up all the contact info for you, then I put my frozen dinner in the microwave.  Guess what, my god damn dinner is freezer burned.  I bought 2 pkgsof the same entree today at my local Wal-Mart and yup..sure as shit...the 2nd one is freezer burned too.  Talk about being pissed off.  I contacted Con-Agra Foods AND Wal-Mart!!  AAARRRGGGHHH!!

Terri

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)