Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have bedbug experience?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:12 PM
  • 2 Replies

About 2 weeks ago, So and I got a mattress and boxspring from a friend of ours who was moving and getting a new bed. It's in great condition actually looks brand new, so we were delighted to get it as we needed a new one anyways. So since then, we've both been getting bitten. It's not a lot like I see in google images when I look them up, but i have about 10 bites on me now from the past few days, and he has a few too.

Well we didn't really think anything much about it until last night I felt something on me and hit it out of reflex and it was a bedbug. most definately. I did an examination of the mattress and boxspring and there's no evidence that they are there, but i killed one, so I know there's more.

Have you ever gotten rid of them? Help please! I'm going to buy dust and insecticide and some mattress covers and vaccuum really well tonight, but I can't sleep in my own bed knowing they're there. It's gross, and I'm just trying to fix it, so no bashing please. I keep a clean house and don't want anyone to think I'm infested because we're dirty, it just happens. Advice please!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
JBIRDSLADIE
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:20 PM

I have never had them but here is a link that might help. Good luck to you

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_get_rid_of_bed_bugs

Aidensmom02
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:49 PM
We had them once, thank god my hubby did pest control then lol. You need to get rid of the bed all together, and maybe have someone come in and treat ur house with the professional stuff. They are really hard to get rid of. Sorry :(

ttc

Trying for baby #2

Let's hope for a girl!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)