• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the difference?!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:22 PM
  • 20 Replies

That's what a friend of mine asked, "what's the difference if I'm outside for 15 minutes or running to get something to eat for 15 minutes". She mentioned that she drove "real quick" to the grocery to pick up something while her 2 babies were sleeping and her 6 yr old was there. I said, "Girl you are crazy and better not let anyone else know that". She said, "What's the difference if I'm outside for 15 minutes or at the store?" WOW

I'm a SAHM to 4 children, Mommy to Irish Twins, married to my best friend, breastfeeding, circumsizing, anti CIO, spanking when needed, kids don't get away with much, NIP and don't care what you see b/c my child has a right to eat, keep a clean house, non husband bashing, LOVE to laugh, smart ass kind of Mommy. Nice to meet you.

"Natural feeding is the duty of every
mother and the birthright of every child"

"While breastfeeding may not seem the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby." ~Amy Spangler

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Well, IF I ever went outside at all when mine were napping I had a baby monitor and could go right in.  If you are down at the store you have NO clue what is going on, PLUS its illegal to leave children in your home and go to the store. 

whittear
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Oh I don't know...if a fire starts during those 15 minutes that she is right outside she has a much better chance of getting her children out of there and calling for help in time to save them than she does if she is up the street where she can't see or hear anything going on at her house. That's one thing for starters.

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." - Elizabeth Stone           

vadasmommy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:26 PM

WOW!

The difference is if she was outside and the house caught fire, She would be able to try and save the kids, but if she is gone whats she going to do?

ferrisdaval
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Wow that is crazy. If you were just outside and someone tried to get into your house you'd see it happen and stop it. Can't stop what you don't see and all you can do is cry later. How tragic would that be? I sure hope your friend wises up before anything happens.

iluvmommyhood58
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:31 PM
Oh, I don't know... the MILEAGE!!!!!!

That's just irresponsible. What if something happened to her while she was out, let alone the kids...?
AKazz
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:34 PM

i agree.

Quoting iluvmommyhood58:

Oh, I don't know... the MILEAGE!!!!!!

That's just irresponsible. What if something happened to her while she was out, let alone the kids...?

jking48444
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:36 PM

I think that is so scary that she would think about doing that to her kids.

I wouldn't be asking her to babysit for me anytime soon!

Jen
starryeyez23
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:12 PM

well if im outside...i can hear them and can rush right in.if im at the store I have no idea whats going on.and cant rush right back in the house...its illegal to do that

lilberber
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:14 PM

confusedummm i dont know! LOL

acissejessica
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:24 PM

my daughter was sleeping and she was 4 and we left her inside while the babysitter was outside sitting on the steps so we could go to the store for 5 minutes. The babysitter could have easily walked inside, and could have very well have gone inside as soon as we left, but i didnt know that, the whole time i was thinking: i hope she goes inside, what if theres a fire or emergancy and she doesnt realize it (meanwhile if it was ME at home I would have no problem being outside while my daughter slept inside, i was just being paranoid). So we start driving back towards home and see smoke in the sky and 3 firetrucks FLY BY! my husband and I FLIPPPED out we were like omigosh! We were gone 5 minutes! I know its our house! So we see the truck turn into the driveway and we both nearly died right there, omigosh it is our house omigosh we are freaking out. HE stops the car ourside the building right infront of our house and just gets out and starts running. I finally round the corner to see that its the building behind our house and the fire hydrent was infront of our house, thats why they pulled in our driveway. holy crap we were gone 5 minutes and both had like a hundred heart attacks thinking our house was burning down with our child inside because we left while our babysitter was still outside! so i could NEVER leave my child ALONE like that.

my downstairs neighbor had a 5 year old with aspergers and she would leave him home ALL DAY alone while she went to work. They didnt even have a phone in the house! o man i hated her for that@!

I'm Slow

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)