Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you all day

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:08 PM
  • 6 Replies

i was wondering what you guys did all day to keep your house clean. like what your routine is and what not. and do you seem to constantly be picking up things? i'm just curious cuz i never was an organized person so it always seems that my house is constantly messy lol 

feeding baby Elizabeth Rose  June 10, 2008

in love  Anna and Chris  March 06, 2008

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
TDMumof3
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:21 PM
The things I do to keep the house clean is basically clean every other day. When my husband is off I don't clean on those two days. But the first day He goes back which right now he has thursday and friday off I normally take those days to relax and catch up on school work. Saturday he works the first shift. When I get up thats when I start getting everything back together. Sometimes I get things cleaned up early in the morning than Me and the kids lay down for a nap. my husband is usually home around 330 pm. That's another afternoon we take for family day. I hope this helps!

Basically if your house is unorganized IMO I would do my best to get organized and than you should be able to keep it up by just cleaning every other day. Alos my kids are ages 4 3 & 2 so i make them pick up their toys
tdmumof3siggys
Autumn22
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:39 PM

I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old (well, she'll be 2 next month).  They're toys stay in their room, except for a laundry basket with toys in the living room and a little kitchen.  Whenever it starts to look bad, I have them clean their things up a little. :) I just do the dishes when they need done, vacuum when it needs done.  Things like that.

{+} Life, Guns, Constitution, Organics, Breast feeding, Baby wearing, Bed sharing, Home schooling, Ron Paul, Homeopathy, Truth

{-} Vaccines (ask me why), CIO, Formula, Fluoride, New World Order, Smoking, Circumcision (it's HIS choice!)

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:42 PM

I pay someone to clean my house and I live with some clutter because I am just not a neat person. 

raine.arnesen
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:49 PM

I love a clean house! You'll need to get things organized in order to really keep it clean. Everything has it's place when it's not being used. I vaccum every other day (my almost 9 month old loves it! lol) I don't have a dishwasher so I wash my dishes as soon as they are done being used so that they don't stack up. I sweep every other day or more if it needs it. I do the big things once a week, scrubbing down the bathroom, mopping, cleaning the stove...(I do keep the bathroom clean the whole week, I just get out all of the cleaning supplies and scrub brushes once a week, same with the stove!)

It might sound like I'm always cleaning, but honestly I'm not. Because everything stays pretty clean it doesn't take me long to do any of the chores. I spend maybe an hour out of my day cleaning and then about 10 minutes before I head to bed to make sure everything is straightened up.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

abby9876
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:51 PM

I used to sweep every morning, as well as wipe down counter tops, bathroom, etc. & vacuum every couple of days (every other day on the rugs because we have a dog) & do 1 big clean once a week. Now the house is a constant disaster! Our 22 month old daughter gets into everything, is super active, & always under foot...so we can't take our eyes off of her! Since she's gotten like this, cleaning has become so difficult!

A woman is like a tea bag~you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

~Eleanor Roosevelt ~

Loved4Sure
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:00 PM

I clean up after myself immediately, regardless of what it is.

Everything has its place too. I make sure whatever it is, it goes in its place be it mail, keys, reports, pre natals etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)