• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you rented a car before?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:46 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am not really sure what my question is...

I am traveling out of state next month and was wondering what renting a car would cost me for the week I am there.

With insurance it was $420 for a week! For a Chevy Cobalt. That is crazy. Who can afford to pay that much?

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MommyOnLI
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:50 PM

if you have insurance on your own personal car, you do NOT need to take out extra rental insurance.. just make sure that your reg car insurnace will cover the basics.

i am not sure who you are renting through but that price seems reasonable w. their ins.

most rentals for the basic car are about $40 a day.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Does your insurance or any of your credit cards cover you for rental insurance?

honeyb3
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:00 PM

The car rental itself is $240. It was a quote from Enterprise. I did a general check on travelocity.com, and then called the Enterprise branch at the location I would be picking it up at for the full price, so I wouldn't be surprised when I got there.

I have no idea if my insurance or my credit cards offer coverage for a rental. I guess I could check.

I don't have a problem with the $240, its the insurance I am not happy with. I pay that for full coverage on 2 vehicles per month. I suppose I am just in shock, and there is nobody around to chat with about it.

MelaniesMama
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:07 PM

We rent cars when ever we go on vacation.   I get on a travel website to book a car.  Then pick it up at the airport car rental place.   For a week we paid around 200 for a Trail Blazer......so I'd check around.  We NEVER took out extra insurance.  As long as we had regular insurance we didnt need it.

honeyb3
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Thank you to everyone.

I just got off the phone with my insurance company and they said as long as I show them my insurance card then my policy will transfer to the rental! Ya!

I will look around for a better price. I don't know if I will get it. It is a college town w/ a lot of large corporations too, so people probably don't think twice about the prices.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)