Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

must read

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:06 PM
  • 4 Replies

OK I LIVE IN FLORIDA, AND I HAVE A SPERM DONOR WHO WAS COURT ORDERED TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT, PROVIDE HEALTH INSURANCE, AND TO HAVE A 100,000 DOLLAR LIFE INSURANCE POLICY. WELL HE GOT FIRED FROM HIS JOB 4 MONTHS AGO, HE ISNT LOOKING FOR A JOB ANYTIME SOON. HE IS LIVING WITH HIS PARENTS, SISTER HER 2 KIDS AND HER BOYFRIEND AND HIS COUSIN IN A 4 BEDROOM HOUSE. UM IN FLORIDA THATS A FIRE HAZARD RIGHT THERE. MY SON HAS TO SLEEP IN THE SAME BED AS THE SPERM DONOR, WHICH I DONT APROVE OF BECAUSE HE HAS HIS OWN ROOM AND OWN QUEEN SIZE BED HERE WITH ME.  HE ONLY GETS MY SON ON EVERY WEEKEND FOR 24 HOURS AND THATS IT. AND THATS WHEN HE FEELS LIKE PICKING HIM UP. BELIEVE ME IM EXCITED WHEN HE CALLS AND SAYS IM NOT PICKING HIM UP LOL.  SO I WAS THINKING THAT SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE SO CALLED FATHERS THAT ARENT DOING WHAT THEY NEED TO GO, SO I THOUGHT WHY DONT I WRITE A LETTER TO MY STATE CONGRESSMAN AND MAKE MY WAY UP THE LADDER? AND FROM THERE WRITE TO NEWSPAPERS, AND MAGAZINES. LET ALL OF OUR VOICES BE HEARD! SOMEONE NEEDS TO STAND UP FOR OUR CHILDREN!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Loved4Sure
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:10 PM

your story sounds like one of many.

sorry you are in this difficult situation.

LiChanelsMommy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Good Idea! I, however, prefer the good ol' verbal bitch slap when it comes to my DD's BD. 'What did you do for DD this week? Thats right, nothing. What did I do for DD this week? Thats right, everything.' Theres nothing like hurting a dead beat dad's ego!

Hope things get better for you!

lilmamaof1
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Quoting LiChanelsMommy:

Good Idea! I, however, prefer the good ol' verbal bitch slap when it comes to my DD's BD. 'What did you do for DD this week? Thats right, nothing. What did I do for DD this week? Thats right, everything.' Theres nothing like hurting a dead beat dad's ego!

Hope things get better for you!

i have done that, but he is to stupid and he doesnt care about my son! he cant even remember his damn b-day he thinks he is 5 when he is 4 lol.

abs0726
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:41 PM

I hate that! Single fathers are held to such a different standard than single mothers.  It is ridiculous.  If a guy doesnt take care of his kids its almost expected.  When he does the bare minimum people act like he deserves a freaking medal.  My son's dad tries to act like he is such father of the year and always wants to say, "Im just as much the parent that you are."  Um no he is NOT.  He pays his little tiny child support that I ask for and picks his son up on his custody days but he doesnt go the extra mile.  He has never missed work when our son is sick.  He has never taken him to the dr or dentist (although he is the one who gives him soda and candy all weekends and I know that it what caused our precious child to have 3 cavities!) he doesnt drive around town for two days finding the best childcare and on and on. 

AND THEN, he went and hired a lawyer so he could get more time with his son.  He wanted to keep him till Monday morning on his weekends instead of dropping him off at 5 on Sundays.  I didnt like that idea because he keeps our son up way to late and he comes home on Sundays dead tired, so I dont want him to go to school tired like that on Mondays and his grades to suffer.  So I offered for him to have him every sunday (even on his off weekends when he doesnt have tyler) from 7am to 4pm because I work on the weekends, and he turned it down saying that he wouldnt be able to make plans on his off weekends if he HAD to keep tyler every sunday!!!  How shitty is that?  He wants more time but only when it doesnt interfere with his life. 

I hate him. I am so tired of people telling me how fucking lucky I am that he wants to be in Tyler's life.  Oh yea Im fucking lucky that he pays me 150 dollars a month child support, gives my son soda and candy and keeps him up all night on his weekends, has absolutely NO discipline (I have seen tyler punch his dad and his dad say in a super nice voice "no buddy dont hit..."excuse me!) so that he comes home from his weekends acting out, is constantly trying to take my precious time away from my child, but is unwilling to spend time with his son when it interferes with his life.  And he comes out looking like the cool dad in our son's eyes and I am the bitch mom because I am doing what's best for him.

having a baby
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)