Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do?

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:12 AM
  • 2 Replies

I don't know what to do with my son.  He will be 4 years old on July 5th.  He has been potty trained for over a year.  He NEVER has accidents.  Today he has wet his pants 3 times.  I would understand if we were out somewhere and he might not know where the bathroom is, but he's done this at home every time.  We went out, and he did go to the bathroom a lot more frequently than usual.

I've been told that with girls this sort of behavior is likely to be a bladder or kidney problem.  With boys, that sort of thing is much less likely.  I've thought about taking him to see his pediatrician.  If I do, I'll have tomorrow to get through and see if it is ongoing.

Has this happened with your DS?

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
HiTechHeather
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Hi there - I wouldn't worry too much. Kids can turn potty training off and on...be proud you little boy was trained by the age of 3, that is great!!! Good job.

It's only been 1 day, and maybe it's behavioral - is  he upset or stressed over anything? Did he get in trouble? Is he missing someone? Or was he really busy and just didn't want to stop what he was doing? (having too much fun)

If it happens   a couple days in a row, then I would take him into the doctor - but to check against any little injection. But don't make too big a deal of it, or you little guy will get super self conscious, then it WILL stress him out.

My 2 cents...my daughter is potty training right now. I hear the biggest thing is to not stress them out or shame them in anyway....

HitechHeather

CrazyMom5480
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Thank you!  I'm trying not to make a big deal of it.  It's just stressing me out wondering why he's doing it.  Who knows?  Hopefully he's finished with this.  I just needed to have someone else tell me that it's not necessarily medical.

Quoting HiTechHeather:

Hi there - I wouldn't worry too much. Kids can turn potty training off and on...be proud you little boy was trained by the age of 3, that is great!!! Good job.

It's only been 1 day, and maybe it's behavioral - is  he upset or stressed over anything? Did he get in trouble? Is he missing someone? Or was he really busy and just didn't want to stop what he was doing? (having too much fun)

If it happens   a couple days in a row, then I would take him into the doctor - but to check against any little injection. But don't make too big a deal of it, or you little guy will get super self conscious, then it WILL stress him out.

My 2 cents...my daughter is potty training right now. I hear the biggest thing is to not stress them out or shame them in anyway....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)