Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

venting....

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 7:16 AM
  • 12 Replies

so my ex husband told me that he wasnt going to pick up my son this weekend, then calls me back in a couple days and ok i am....now im not playing his games anymore, im soooo sick of this drama he pushes out. he does this all the time, he is all about makin me crazy,upset,annoyed! so im not going to let him see him today which is fathers day. he isnt a father anyways, not paying child support in 5 months, doesnt take care of him, when i say does nothing i mean does nothing! i dont feel im wrong in anyway, how do you feel? please dont bash me just give your opinion. i feel that he should be with his step daddy who he calls daddy and who takes care of him in every way!

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 7:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 7:25 AM

If you're not letting him see his son, you're not really giving him a chance to be a father, right?  He's trying to come see him.  It's his son and it's father's day, let him take him for a while.  I'm not trying to bash you, I'm just saying that you can't deny him of seeing his son and then claim he's not being a father.  Child support does not make him a father or not, spending time with his son does.    Yes, child support is important, I don't doubt that at all, but even child support enforcement will tell you that you cannot withhold visitation, whether child support is paid or unpaid.

~Jill~

lilmaiyagirl
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 7:41 AM

Quoting jillbailey26:

If you're not letting him see his son, you're not really giving him a chance to be a father, right?  He's trying to come see him.  It's his son and it's father's day, let him take him for a while.  I'm not trying to bash you, I'm just saying that you can't deny him of seeing his son and then claim he's not being a father.  Child support does not make him a father or not, spending time with his son does.    Yes, child support is important, I don't doubt that at all, but even child support enforcement will tell you that you cannot withhold visitation, whether child support is paid or unpaid.

Very well said.

lilmamaof1
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 7:44 AM

oh im not hold him from seeing him, he see's him when ever he feels like seeing him, thats what im saying, calling me up and saying well ummmm i dont want him for fathers day weekend, so i made plans ya know. he has done nothing for him since birth, my son calls him by his first name, does that say anything? and he doesnt even correct him lol thats funny.

Quoting jillbailey26:

jillbailey26
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 7:47 AM

He's TRYING to see him.  If you feel that your son would not be safe with his father, then I can understand.  He's trying to be there, it doesn't matter how long it takes or what he's done up until this point, he's trying right now.  If you don't give him the chance to see him, you cannot walk around saying that the man is not being a father.  You have to put the differences you two have aside and think about your son.

Quoting lilmamaof1:

oh im not hold him from seeing him, he see's him when ever he feels like seeing him, thats what im saying, calling me up and saying well ummmm i dont want him for fathers day weekend, so i made plans ya know. he has done nothing for him since birth, my son calls him by his first name, does that say anything? and he doesnt even correct him lol thats funny.

Quoting jillbailey26:

~Jill~

lilmamaof1
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 7:58 AM

he is not trying, believe me, when i say he is a dead beat i mean it. my son screams to come back home when he is over there. there are months where he doesnt want to see my son. and my son isnt safe over there with him, my son dosent eat or drink nor does he sleep, when my son comes home he is drinking 8 cups of water in less then an hour, eats everything in sight and is cranky from no sleep.

Quoting jillbailey26:

He's TRYING to see him.  If you feel that your son would not be safe with his father, then I can understand.  He's trying to be there, it doesn't matter how long it takes or what he's done up until this point, he's trying right now.  If you don't give him the chance to see him, you cannot walk around saying that the man is not being a father.  You have to put the differences you two have aside and think about your son.

Quoting lilmamaof1:

Quoting jillbailey26:

MAMALICIOUS9506
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 3:57 PM

whetther  he is a crap dad or not it's fathers day not step daddy day....if biological dad is as bad as you say he is your son will realize that one day on his own, you do him no favors by not letting him see is father on fathers day...i know it must be tough...but i think ou should put your differences aside and think about your kid.  jmo, no bashing...

RosePetalTears
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:05 PM

being a dad is more than being the one to donate the sperm! If your son's step dad is the one that has raised him, is there emotionally, physically and financially for him, and is the one that your son calls dad then I think you made the right choice. He is his dad, not the sperm donor.

Bio dad told you that he didn't want him this weekend, so you made other plans. You should not be expected to rearrange you life, your son's life and your plans because bio dad changed his or they fell thru.  He needs to learn that a kid isn't something that you can have in your life at your convenience.  It must have hurt your son to know that his bio dad didn't want to see him on father's day.

AnitaVersion2.0
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:34 PM

She obviously doesn't want to hear it. 

CARA2008
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:37 PM

THIS!!! I agree with this!!!

Quoting RosePetalTears:

being a dad is more than being the one to donate the sperm! If your son's step dad is the one that has raised him, is there emotionally, physically and financially for him, and is the one that your son calls dad then I think you made the right choice. He is his dad, not the sperm donor.

Bio dad told you that he didn't want him this weekend, so you made other plans. You should not be expected to rearrange you life, your son's life and your plans because bio dad changed his or they fell thru.  He needs to learn that a kid isn't something that you can have in your life at your convenience.  It must have hurt your son to know that his bio dad didn't want to see him on father's day.

lilmamaof1
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 7:51 AM

just an update, he called last night and said well im busy with my nephew and i dont want to pick up your son. which is fine, my son and hubby (his step daddy) had an awsome day! then calls my son and tells him that he had a great time with alex, which is his nephew.

thats the kind of so called man he is!

thanks to everyone for giving me positive words, some people think that just because he is the bio dad that he is at no fault and he is the best. think again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)