Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yeast Infection, BV, or Trichomoniasis?? TMI EDIT 2ND UPDATE MON.

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:57 PM
  • 5 Replies

So I have been having a lot of itching, pain during sex, and some foul smelling discharge going on down below. I went to Wal-Mart looking for vagasil and found a kit that tests your PH level for things such as a yeast infection, bacterial vaginosis, or even trichomoniasis. I don't know if you ladies have used these before but you insert it into the vagina and it gives you a PH reading. 4.5 is normal. 5.0-5.5 can mean a yeast infection and 6.0+ can mean BV or Trich, well my level was 6.0. Wow... So... I obviously need to make an apt. with my OB (I skipped my last pap smear) and find out what is going on. However, I looked up Trich and it said it is an STD. I've been with my DH for 3 year so is it possible I would've had this for three years and not known it??? And what kind've tests will be doc do to find out what it is...will he know the day of my testing? I feel so nervous and grossed out and worried.

UPDATE Monday Morning:

Went to OB. He was happy I had came in. He said it was smart to not assume it is a yeast infection and to come in every time something like this happened. He took a swab and a culture and I have to call Friday morning for the test results. I wish I didn't have to wait that long but at least I will know.

I am a breastfeeding because it is best co-sleeping when we feel like it vaccinating because I feel it's important disposable diapering because I'm too lazy to do cloth part-time working because I can't stay at home all day long online classes college student working towards a law career wife to one amazing man, mommy to a beautiful 2 year old, Madison, and a 7 month old, Isabelle and dang proud of it. I let my kids have junk food and TV sometimes, I am anti-death penalty, pro-life and a young mommy and honestly don't care you think. :) Nice to meet you.

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
flywifey86
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 1:05 AM

I think that both are STDs. You should most definately go to the doctor.

Mommy2be2709
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 1:17 AM

I had a pap smear about 4 weeks ago. I have been having some foul smelling discharge, and some pain during sex, but no itching. However,  the doctor did find that I had BV which is nothing more than a bacterial infection. I was prescriped a cream that is inserted into the vagina, and am taking that now. As for the Trich , I do not know about that. But, I wouldn't worry, because I highly doubt you would have had it for 3 years and are only showing symptoms now that you are prego. The most logical thing would be that you have the BV, mainly because it is very common during pregnancy. But definitely talk with your dr. about it. I am not sure if there are other tests that they do other than the regular pap smear. That is how they found my infection. Good luck and don't worry. It is probably nothing major!

Mykayla11
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 10:02 AM

Bacteria Vagonisis is common for women. It a yeast infection that has been untreated longer. Diflucan works great. You most definitely would have seen the effect of Trich, if you have had it that long.  Your GYNO will take another culture like the pap smear. Don't worry you'll be ok.

Tisha1115
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 10:08 AM

I've been wondering about myself. I had a yeast infection 6 months ago and it seems it keeps coming back ever since. makes me wonder if it's something more. And thanks BTW I have to call and schedule my annual appt as I'm due next month!

Brandy.B
by on Jun. 23, 2009 at 11:13 AM

bump

I am a breastfeeding because it is best co-sleeping when we feel like it vaccinating because I feel it's important disposable diapering because I'm too lazy to do cloth part-time working because I can't stay at home all day long online classes college student working towards a law career wife to one amazing man, mommy to a beautiful 2 year old, Madison, and a 7 month old, Isabelle and dang proud of it. I let my kids have junk food and TV sometimes, I am anti-death penalty, pro-life and a young mommy and honestly don't care you think. :) Nice to meet you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)