Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate my family ....I hate my family...I hate my family

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:10 AM
  • 11 Replies

Im sorry but I just do ...Honestly I could be just as fine without them...So I made a post about this yesterday anyway we were supposed to go to Coney Island on Friday and my mom and brother told me they were coming and me and the kids sat waiting for them for hours just to call their house and find out they decided to pull a no show and not tell me anything about it so we wasted the whole day away for nothing . So late that night they say we can go today and I was annoyed but eventually gave in and told them DONT COME TONIGHT come tommorow morning and we'll leave from there...So im sitting in my apartment half dressed just lounging and they come knocking on my door! Ok immediately they both start complaining about the conditions of my apartment...the door was messed up/broken ....they saw a few roaches (NOT my fault...I think this building always had a roach problem granted when I moved in I only saw a couple however the kitchen REEKED of roach spray and the landlord swore up and down what I was smelling was not roach spray however it mustve been because as soon as the smell wore out they all started coming out...)So they were yelling about that and i told them kindly if they dont like my apartment you can leave because i didnt tell you to come over in the first place . Soooooo they both took MY bed and me and dd ended up sleeping on the couch...YES very uncomfortable...than my brother hopped on my computer and messed with it downloading internet explorer 8 and it made my internet SUPER slow so I was pissed....it took me over an hour to figure out how to take it off!

So this morning rolls around and my mom being the complaining b8tch she is decides its the perfect time to read me a rant about what a bad mother I am and how I "let" my kids tear up my stuff and they have no discipline (kinda hard to discipline 2 autistic kids ages 4 and under!) So she just couldnt let it go...I told her shut up I dont want to hear it multiple times and she just kept talking and it got under my skin so I told them both to get out of my apartment RIGHT NOW Im not going anywhere with you the trip is canceled...My mom started talking LOUDLY about the roach problem like it was my fault! I was like wth am i supposed to do I tried everything if you live in a building with 8 families you will have pests especially in NYC .

So she embarassed me ...I know my neighbors heard her these walls are so thin.So I said get out...DD loves her and started crying saying no she wants to go to the beach with her nana ...So I sucked it up for THEM and reluctantly went...They both had NO money and I wind up footing the bill . I bought everything from food and drinks to paying for their entertainment...games...rides (coney island rides is SO exspensive! 6 dollars per ride per person ) I bought my brother 2 michael jackson tshirts he begged for...and they treated me like absolute crap...

On the beach both of them chose not to swim...So I said fine Ill go swimming watch the kids for me....NOPE....They both bitched and moaned about it ! I had to read them the riot act and tell them how Im paying for all of their ungrateful asses and the least they can do is watch my kids for 15 minutes while I swim in the ocean! Everytime ds or dd ran away they made me get up and catch them...the least thing they could do was THAT seeing as how neithier one of them paid for anything. THAN they decided they were hungry again and sent me out to buy them nathan's hotdogs which I bought with my money! Once again no one said thank you...just "gimme my hot dog and fries "

The LAST straw was when I put the kids on the rides...Ok we just got there at 1:30 and it was only 5:30 and they were talking about how they wanted to go back home to NJ and I was like what hold up you KNEW  we wer staying until atleast 10:00 pm for the fireworks...They said no they werent...fine I was SO annoyed by than...I walked away with the kids to put them on a ride.... My brother storms up to me to tell me DS was too small to get on a ride he rode MULTIPLE times in the past with no problem. I told him repeatedly to shut up he's big enough and he loves that rides ( It's just a kiddie ride that spins in a circle...So he storms off and Im sitting all of a sudden I see him whispering to the ride mechanic and the ride mechanic looks at him NODS  and grins at me...So he takes the tickets for the two kids and than STOPS me and says "oh he's too small to ride" and Im like WTF no he isnt he rode this ride before and I saw kids SMALLER than him JUST get on this ride in fact the little boy behind us is shorter than my son! He just shakes his head and tell me he cant get on the ride....now I have to take him out and he is temper tantruming so I stormed up to them and told them that was the last straw I tookt heir stuff out of ds's stroller threw them on the floor and told them to "Get the hell out of my face and dont follow me you both are so damn ungrateful i dont want to hear shit you have to say . He couldnt get on the damn ride because you told the ride operator to not let him on it ! " Than they both started putting the blame on eachother and I was pissed....I dont know who bright idea was it to tell the ride operator to not let ds on but as soon as dd's ride finished I scopped her up and we were outta there...They were trying to follow us in the deep crowd but I ducked and dodged them and we hid out in a arcade for like 20 minutes. Im SOOOOOOO pissed you would not believe....they were absolutely no help to me at all! They refuse to babysit ...critisize me all the time and that whole ride fiasco was the last damn straw for me! I lived in nj/nyc all my life and my friend called me recently because she moved to ohio and she says it's so great. They moved into a really nice neighborhood (not the hood where im in now) ...the rent is cheap...the schools are great....she has a pool in her apartment complex ( my kids would love that) and she says its awesome and i should stay with her for awhile and move there and I turned her down because I know how much my family would miss my kids and how lame their lives would be if we were to move that far away but now im like SCREW IT! Im by myself any damn way I might as well get my kids a better life . Im still so mad at them!!! I spent like 150 dollars on both of them ...My brother hadnt been to an amusement park in years and he was riding all the rides screaming and having fun and he just decides to pull a total bitch move and speak to the ride operator . My ds wasnt even below the height requirement and when I attempted to show them that he just ignored me and said he's too short next person on line!

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nikkiJ86
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:16 AM

I have read multiple posts from you about the way your family treats you.I am so sorry that they act that way.But if they can't change and try to treat you with respect,then you need to shut them out of your life for good.They will only continue to bring you down.Trust me,I know.

Domzmom2005
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:19 AM

WOW...I say if you can afford Ohio go for it! If it means a better life for you and your children then I would start asking for an application for the place your friend lives in and save some money.

pregnancy week by week

baby

nah25
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:29 AM

I am so sorry they are like that. I have alot of issues with my mother so I can relate. My issues are a bit diff. but I still can def. relate to you. I am so sorry !!!

a href="http://www.baby-gaga.com/">baby growth
BrooklynnMama
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:30 AM

I cant afford it right now. I have section 8 though but i also need to be able to drive .security deposit money etc...so its' not so cut and dry but im going to make steps in that direction like get my license ...and finish  my aa degree .

Quoting Domzmom2005:

WOW...I say if you can afford Ohio go for it! If it means a better life for you and your children then I would start asking for an application for the place your friend lives in and save some money.

BrooklynnMama
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:35 AM

Thank you for your advice. I do need to cut them off I have known that for quite some time but its sorta difficult to cut ppl off you talk to all the time but they are the most negetive hateful people I know...When we were on the subway train It was packed but after like 1 or 2 stops people got off so I snagged a seat and I started eating my salad and my mom nudged my brother to look at me sitting because they were still standing and he called me a BITCH ....Everyone stopped and stared at us ..I  just gave a bewildered expression it was totally out of nowhere and so innapropiate. Everytime I think ok it's time to cut them off and seperate yourself i get racked with guilt like what if something happens to my mom while Im not speaking to her  but another part of me is like you have to do it you have to live your own life.

Quoting nikkiJ86:

I have read multiple posts from you about the way your family treats you.I am so sorry that they act that way.But if they can't change and try to treat you with respect,then you need to shut them out of your life for good.They will only continue to bring you down.Trust me,I know.

rainstorms
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:38 AM

God forbid something bad happens to your family. I cannot believe you would say you hate them for something so trivial. I have read several posts on here from you and think you may be a little ungrateful yourself. I am not going to judge you tho. but I think you may want to look a little inside yourself and think about how u would feel if something happened to your family. My family has put me through 10 times more than what ive read from you and I would NEVER say I hate them for it. I may not agree and I may even pull myself out of their lives. BUT, HATE is such a strong word... I am sorry they treat you that way. However, be thankful for what you have, for it WILL be gone one day!

Nikki D (me)

Jadyn matthew (3 1/2 yo boy)

Caleb Nickolas (otw)

CafeMom Tickers

kagegirl
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Wow, do you ever get nosebleeds up there on your high horse??? She is allowed to do whatever she wants, and apparently, you do not know what it is like. Just because they are family DOES NOT give them the right to do that shit and she just has to take it. Would you be talking to her like this if they were friends? NO you wouldn't. And how is SHE ungrateful??? She paid for everything, welcomed them into HER home when they arrived UNANNOUNCED and gave up HER bed, and SHE is the ungrateful one???: WOW Lady, I would hate to be your friend, you would think I was ungrateful for getting grossed out for you handing me a snotty tissue!

Quoting rainstorms:

God forbid something bad happens to your family. I cannot believe you would say you hate them for something so trivial. I have read several posts on here from you and think you may be a little ungrateful yourself. I am not going to judge you tho. but I think you may want to look a little inside yourself and think about how u would feel if something happened to your family. My family has put me through 10 times more than what ive read from you and I would NEVER say I hate them for it. I may not agree and I may even pull myself out of their lives. BUT, HATE is such a strong word... I am sorry they treat you that way. However, be thankful for what you have, for it WILL be gone one day!

loving_life508
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Ohio does have some pretty nice areas and schools.  I've grown up on the border of OH/WV my whole life, and it's not so bad at all.  I'm sure things are a lot cheaper down here.  No food tax in OH either.  I've tried moving to bigger cities, but after growing up in the area I'm in... I can't handle it lol.

Either way you decide to go, good luck : )

Nursing-student.gif nurse blinkie image by peachy85254
ttc2.gif ttc #2 blinkie image by MrsFelmlee    

QPPK
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 9:16 AM

i agree your family treats u like shit. But i also have to say you are the enabler as well.

When u got to coney island and they had no money you should of looked at them and said well u knew where we were coming u should have money i have only for me and the kids and walked off and went and enjoyed yourself and left them high and dry. If they treat u that bad why do u keep on doing things for them. I understand letting them stay and your child upset when u told them to leave and she started to cry. i would of let them stay too even though u didn't want them too. I get that but not paying for all that crap for them. Why? it did nothing for your kids. Quit doing things for them. Cut them out. If you go somewhere with them and they have no money walk off. Its easy to do just turn around and walk. Stop letting them walk all over u and until u stand up for yourself and do it, they will continue to treat u like shit. I know its hard but i think you will come to a point where u will snap and do it. I would of at the park. Please for your sanity, just let them go. If they call and bitch hang up if they come over and bitch shut the door . You have to make the first step to have them stop walking over you or it will never happen. You keep letting them, u have to stop

officerjoeys
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 9:41 AM

I agree with just cutting them off. I know it's family and all, but if you don't have a lot of money yourself, you shouldn't be expected to support yourself and kids plus, them. 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)