Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does this sound cheap to you????

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:34 AM
  • 16 Replies

i know i have asked about dd's birthday party before its next saturday but i was talking with my friends tonight and they said that i am cheap if i serve plain generic aldis brand hot dogs that i should get the old wisconsin brand or the good kind like salmons and they said well since all i am making is hot dogs and taco dip and cheese sausage and crackers and chips and every one else is bringing a side i should have the good hot dogs after all this is my dd's 3rd birthday. and they all said regular hot dogs are disgusting (which i kinda agree) but they are cheap! what do you think?? should i go all out i mean it is her 3rd birthday!

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2izzy
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:35 AM

I'd just serve whatever you can afford. :)

LiChanelsMommy
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:36 AM

A hot dog is a hot dog. Get what you can afford.  

ToraMay
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:36 AM

Tell them they can shove that hotdog where the sun dont shine.. Im sorry but it's rude. You dont tell people what they can and cant serve at your own child's party. Serve whatever hotdogs they want. Hide the packages and if they ask for the brand, tell them that your (boyfriend, husband, SO, BFF, whoever) picked them up and you didnt ask.

hannahsmommy321
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:37 AM

LOL good one

Quoting ToraMay:

Tell them they can shove that hotdog where the sun dont shine.. Im sorry but it's rude. You dont tell people what they can and cant serve at your own child's party. Serve whatever hotdogs they want. Hide the packages and if they ask for the brand, tell them that your (boyfriend, husband, SO, BFF, whoever) picked them up and you didnt ask.

AnitaVersion2.0
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Nice friends.  Fry up some Gaines Burgers and serve 'em to them.  Tell them they're gourmet hamburgers.

azn_ladie82
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:48 AM

My boys like the Aldi hot dogs. As long as my kids like it, that what I'll be getting.

Are you a proud preemie mom of a NICUGRADUATE? Click on my NICU blinkie to meet other moms of preemies just like you.

KalebsMommee
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:46 AM

If they want top of the name gourmet food tell them to buy it or go to a restaurant.

I buy the cheap hot dogs (and buns, and chili) for my sons parties because I can't afford to feed everyone the expensive stuff but to me most of the time the "cheap" stuff tastes just as good.. But like another mama said as long as my son will eat it I get it.

kaysha
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:05 AM

just stash the hot dog wrappers and claim that you don't know what brand they are... or like the pp said, tell them to shove it, and get what you can afford. did you know that the main difference (yes there are some differences, but the MAIN one) between name brand and generic is just the wrapping?  

KAYLEIANN
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:58 AM

Tell them they want other brand...bring them on themselves!

kanooch1011
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:01 AM

My dear, you buy what YOU can afford.  Do not listen to them.  What kind of friends are they, telling you that if you buy generic dogs it will be disgusting? 

I think the fact that you are providing MORE THAN cake makes you quite generous.  If I were your friends, I would be so much more appreciative of all that you offering with this party. 

Oh, yes, like someone else stated-most of the time the only difference between dogs is just the wrapping.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)