Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

alergic to milk and soy

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:05 PM
  • 9 Replies

I've been alergic to milk my whole life and never did anything about it but suplimented. Now my husband tells me I really need to start replacing it with something or I will have severe bone loss soon. Anyway, I went looking for alternatives and found out I'm alergic to tofu ALSO which comes from soy beans. So what can I eat/drink that is a replacement for milk?

I'm Slow

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:06 PM

I would be taking a large dose of calcium pills every day.  Ask the Dr. what to do.  Broccoli has calcium.  Some cereals do if you can eat them dry.  Search foods with high calcium. 

hannahsmommy321
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:14 PM

rice milk that is what my dd is on and it tastes pretty good

Nanna22
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:18 PM

My 2 youngest children are milk allergic.  It has become better now that they are adults - but they still have to watch their dairy intake.  You might think that this sounds pretty gross,but when they were little the only thing that they could drink was Goats milk.  It takes a little getting used to but it's healthy for you.

YourMyTrouble
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Almond milk...

Melamma
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Yea, this is what we drink.

My daughters and Iare allergic to dir and they say lots of soy isn't good for you. So we drink rice dream. My kids love it.

Quoting hannahsmommy321:

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

GOBryan
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Rice milk doesn't really have any nutritional value. I found that out when I was looking for a better alternative for my Autistic kids. What they drink and it's filled with nutrients plus it tastes good, is ALMOND MILK. 

Ever since I've put them on Almond milk, they won't drink regular milk for anything. It's very creamy and since I give them the one with vanilla flavor, they just suck it all up. It's also filled with protein.

Quoting Melamma:

My daughters and Iare allergic to dir and they say lots of soy isn't good for you. So we drink rice dream. My kids love it.

Quoting hannahsmommy321:

cowgirls10181
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:54 PM

goat milk is another option my son was allergic to all the formulas due to having soy in them all or nuts both 2 of his high allergiens wish you luck and I wouldnt worry about bone problems unless your dr says something. in the old days they didnt drink milk daily.... after the first yr and no other mamal drinks milk after the first yr

hannahsmommy321
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:20 PM

ya i was gonna do almond milk but with her not being 3 yet i wasnt sure if we should introduce her to it

Quoting GOBryan:

Rice milk doesn't really have any nutritional value. I found that out when I was looking for a better alternative for my Autistic kids. What they drink and it's filled with nutrients plus it tastes good, is ALMOND MILK. 

Ever since I've put them on Almond milk, they won't drink regular milk for anything. It's very creamy and since I give them the one with vanilla flavor, they just suck it all up. It's also filled with protein.

Quoting Melamma:

Quoting hannahsmommy321:

Autumn22
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Quoting YourMyTrouble:

Almond milk...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)