Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone ever tried this ????

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:26 PM
  • 17 Replies

A breakfast casserole? I never heard of this before but i went on google to search up some recipes because I absolutely HATE cooking but now Im realizing that damn near ALL my money goes towards fast food and I have to put an end to that obsession immediately . So I found a sauage egg and cheese recipe ...it says you brown the sausage ...than pour grated cheddar cheese on it and a dozen of scrambled eggs with milk and water and you just bake it for 20 minutes...My thing is how does this taste???I mean I cook my eggs in butter and the recipes doesnt call for it...So I figure on maybe Monday morning or Sunday night I can make this casserole for the kids and every morning I just give them a wedge with some fruit or hashbrowns .....(I wont be eating it because Im on a diet and I eat cereal in the morning ...well not  now because ive been on a fast food kick lately but i will be  )

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Honii
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Its really good my family loves breakfast casserole.  For the "crust" I use crescent dough. 

kdasgirl
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Holy crap! A dozen eggs all cooked in butter. That sounds really unappealing to me. 

Dogma
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:35 PM

I have had it at a brunch.  It is delicious but very rich.  You're right, though, the only way to save money is to buy foods on sale and/or with coupons and cook yourself.  You can cook ahead and freeze stuff, then microwave it easily for a fast meal. 

DogMa (Liz)

Liz

funmom09
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:35 PM

My sister and a co-worker both made this before. I thought it was pretty good. 

funmom09
Momsince1106
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:36 PM

i'd cook it the way the recipe calls for, and then if you want to modify it the next time, do that.

fallnangel93
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:37 PM

I have made it before, its good. My kids really like it.

F_Stathouse
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:44 PM

We use SmartBalance in ours and Kabisa instead of sausage; it's really good and we add mushrooms, olives, peppers, fresh herbs, and other stuff to it.

JaylensMommy807
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:47 PM

I make this same thing except mine calls for bread also - it is awsome. I hope you like it!

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:07 PM

I'll have an angioplasty with mine.......

No, actually it sounds really good minus the sausage. I think I'll try it with veggies like an omelet.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Does it make a crunchy or soggy crust??

Quoting Honii:

Its really good my family loves breakfast casserole.  For the "crust" I use crescent dough. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)