Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maybe I should have joined "cafegrandma"

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:41 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi everyone,

Looking for someone closer to my age "64" who is having to start again.  It should not happen at our age but...........what can I say sometimes it happens!

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
shecallsmemom04
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:42 PM

what do you mean "start again"?

dogs are my people.  i fight for them, i cry for them, i pray for them, i help them, i talk to them, i rescue them, i hug them, i love them, i raise their spirits, i bring them back to life, i foster, i adopt, i put the worthless 2 legged beings who abuse and neglect them behind bars.  i am their halo, and they are mine. 

PLEASE....have a heart, adopt, do not support backyard breeders or pet stores who sell puppies, do not sell your animals on craiglist...they are not the old sofa, spay and neuter, report animal abuse, donate, volunteer your time, obey laws, teach your children respect towards animals, do your part in the fight against animal cruelty.

GOBryan
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Are you pregnant??? lol.  

retsillacam
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Quoting GOBryan:

Are you pregnant??? lol.  

WickedBeauty
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Whoa...... 

4kidz916
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Well I'm not closer to your age.  But I do  wish you well on starting again.  It's hard at any age.

shecallsmemom04
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:59 PM

it says on her profile that she is getting divorced.  which is why i asked what she meant by starting over, instead of assuming she's pregnant. 

dogs are my people.  i fight for them, i cry for them, i pray for them, i help them, i talk to them, i rescue them, i hug them, i love them, i raise their spirits, i bring them back to life, i foster, i adopt, i put the worthless 2 legged beings who abuse and neglect them behind bars.  i am their halo, and they are mine. 

PLEASE....have a heart, adopt, do not support backyard breeders or pet stores who sell puppies, do not sell your animals on craiglist...they are not the old sofa, spay and neuter, report animal abuse, donate, volunteer your time, obey laws, teach your children respect towards animals, do your part in the fight against animal cruelty.

Piscean
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:03 PM

If you search groups, you can find people who will have more in common with you. I searched "grandma" and got 55 group results...you could also search divorce and other topics which are relavent to you. I think that MOST moms can find a group here that works for them. Welcome! :)

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:27 PM

You could search for some groups 50+ also. 

Smilley
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 11:47 AM

This is all very new to me, so I am kind of feeling my way in this navigation.  I guess I meant by "starting again" more into the financial side.  I moved in with my daughter who was renting my condo and now the roles have kind of changed and she is paying the rent while I am looking for a job.  I thought I had left all my financial worries behind when I retired, had a good job at the time but to be able to retire was a gift and I loved my husband.  Thought all would be wonderful. 

Life does through you curves and I guess eventually everything will turn out ok but I guess my age is what bothers me, time is running out and it goes so very fast.  I feel like I only have about 5 years to get myself situated again but can't seem to be able to get a job back.  I am at the point that I would take almost anything that I can physically do, but I would prefer some kind of office work.

I have a very close family but they all live far away, it feels good to be able to write about my fears.

Thank you for letting me rattle on!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)