Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MJ's ex-wife: Is Debbie Rowe entitled to joint custody?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:39 PM
  • 10 Replies

I read that she she will seek joint custody...is she entitled even though she gave up her parental rights?

just wondering.

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whisperindragan
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:42 PM

I hope not. She doesnt deserve them. She clearly stated, "those are not my kids, those are Michaels' kids.. even if he was to die.. I dont want anything to do with them because Im not mother material.". all she cares about is the money honey. 

MrsJohnson215
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:43 PM

She never actually signed over her rights, it was on the news beginning of last week.  I also heard that MJ isn't the biological father of any of the kids and he never adopted them, although in most states it is assumed that the husband is the father.  This is going to get ugly.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:49 PM

She gave him custody, she never gave up any rights. 

Quoting MrsJohnson215:

She never actually signed over her rights, it was on the news beginning of last week.  I also heard that MJ isn't the biological father of any of the kids and he never adopted them, although in most states it is assumed that the husband is the father.  This is going to get ugly.

vlester
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 6:26 PM

this whole situation gone get messy because sure never fully adopted them

SarahLizyB
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 6:27 PM

But Michael never even adopted them or so I heard...

luvmyaustin
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 6:29 PM

nope she gave up her rights to late too bad for her those kids have been through hell why allow the mom to have the rights that she gave up how sad for the kids here go back to the mom who never wanted you horrible!!!!

CrazyCaliGirl
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 7:03 PM

diarrhea.

Zanny
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2009 at 7:19 PM

It's going to be a Shit Show, for sure....

I'm just grateful it isn't my life, and I don't have to deal with that

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 6, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Legally she never gave up her rights. 

Quoting luvmyaustin:

nope she gave up her rights to late too bad for her those kids have been through hell why allow the mom to have the rights that she gave up how sad for the kids here go back to the mom who never wanted you horrible!!!!

Haileysmom0530
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 11:43 PM

She was essentially a surrogate for his kids. The sperm that was implated from her was another man's sperm. Apparently his dermatologist's sperm. MJ and Debbie were married at the time. He doesn't have to adopt those kids. It was like a sperm doner situation.

She hasn't had anything to do with those kids. She even said in an interview a while ago that she wanted to do this for MJ because she thought he'd be a good dad, so she wanted to give him kids. She left those kids lives and they were always with MJ. She should NOT have joint custody. Why does she want it now? Why after he's gone? Why didn't she want it while he was alive. From what I was reading, she was compisated, a hefty amount, to let MJ have the kids. So, I say, if she wants to be in their lives now, pay the money back. Seems fair to me.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)