Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I stress the importance of eating healthy? PIOG

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:30 PM
  • 3 Replies

My MIL is a sucker for my sons big blue eyes. Or something like that. We've already had the "No sugar right before dinner, no excess snacks, try to eat a balanced meal as much as possible" chat. She babysits him now while I work since I live with her now. Yay me. Anyway, I always try to feed my son good things, and not load him up on shit. Like I prefer at least one veggie at both lunch and dinner, fruit for breakfast, the right amount of protein etc.

I don't mind her giving him like a small bag of cookies, or a fruit snack. But she gives him like 3-4 a day, plus around 6 cookies a day. And this is the lesser amount since we had the talk!!! I keep trying to tell her he's not getting enough GOOD food and her excuse is "but he likes it."

No shit.

She's fed him hotdogs for dinner last night, lunch AND snack today. Plus string cheese and chips. Hmm at least the string cheese is getting to the healthy side, but hotdogs 3 times in 24 hours??!!!!

I have good food for him!! I don't go shopping for shits and giggles!! But she'd rather feed him from the neverending drawer of sugar and fat.

Her husband is diabetic, she should know better!!

So how do I talk to her again without turning into a pushy, overbearing bitch?

My husband has also talked to her about it.

I am who I am. I won't change ME to fit YOUI'm blessed to have the most beautiful boy in the world born 11-21-07. Bride to be 06-25-09. I'm caring, outgoing, truthful, speak my mind, funny. I like food. I like swimming in lakes, rivers, pools, oceans. The feeling of being weightless and free is amazing. I love to perform on stage and entertain people. I love to learn and improve myself and my mind. I believe in God. I don't let people walk all over me. I am Nicole. I am strong. I am proud of what I've done. I am beautiful.

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Kaelaasmom
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:03 PM

You are going to need to start planning ahead. Make his meals the night before. Then show your MIL where they are. Set up his snacks ahead of time. Then she has no excuse. 

I am a non-ERF, can't wait to drop the booster, breast-fed til 6 weeks, Nestle formula using, pro-choice, Independent, open-minded, gay marriage supporting, CIO, NON-AP, former Marine mom to the only perfect child on Earth. Don't tell me how to raise my kid, and I won't tell you what's wrong with yours!

Marimaru
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

You are going to need to start planning ahead. Make his meals the night before. Then show your MIL where they are. Set up his snacks ahead of time. Then she has no excuse. 

I was gonna say the same thing. 

pregnancy

She's a girl!!

ColieO
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2009 at 7:42 PM

All of his food is in HER fridge. I can't always make his food in advance, though I do it sometimes. Even then she won't feed it to him, because he's so filled up with crap.

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

I am who I am. I won't change ME to fit YOUI'm blessed to have the most beautiful boy in the world born 11-21-07. Bride to be 06-25-09. I'm caring, outgoing, truthful, speak my mind, funny. I like food. I like swimming in lakes, rivers, pools, oceans. The feeling of being weightless and free is amazing. I love to perform on stage and entertain people. I love to learn and improve myself and my mind. I believe in God. I don't let people walk all over me. I am Nicole. I am strong. I am proud of what I've done. I am beautiful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)