• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I just mean?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:37 AM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: What would you do if you were in the bathroom by yourself and ran out of toilet paper? Additional info - there IS toilet paper in the bathroom with you. You just have to stand up and get it.

Options:

Yell for someone in the house to come and assist you

Get up off the toilet and get it yourself

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 28

View Results

Personally, if I am on the toilet and I run out of toilet paper, I get up and get some more myself. Tell you the story after the poll.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:41 AM

99% of the time I look first and get it.  IF I am downstairs and we are out, there isn't any stored so I yell for someone.  I get it myself if I am upstairs. 

Humboldt0608
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:41 AM

Normally though we keep a couple of rolls in each bathroom so that we can avoid these situations.

If I did need toilet paper, I would yell for it. We have floor to ceiling windows in the house that are always open during the day. I would rather not have one of my neighbors walk by and see me doing a duck walk with my pants around my ankles.

jillbailey26
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:53 AM

We do that too.  I'll buy a 12 pack for upstairs and downstairs so we're always ahead, lol.

The only time I would get up to go get more is if I was home alone, which is next to never.

Quoting Humboldt0608:

Normally though we keep a couple of rolls in each bathroom so that we can avoid these situations.

If I did need toilet paper, I would yell for it. We have floor to ceiling windows in the house that are always open during the day. I would rather not have one of my neighbors walk by and see me doing a duck walk with my pants around my ankles.

~Jill~

LiChanelsMommy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:00 AM

We have a toilet paper holder that we keep full at all times by the toilet... So, its always there and I have no need to walk around to find some or have someone assist me.

townmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:00 AM

LOL, maybe I should have added that there WAS toilet paper in the bathroom - if this was the case would you still yell?

In my situation, my husband will ALWAYS yell for someone instead of getting up and getting it when it is 3 feet away from him.

A couple weeks ago, I was out on the back deck talking to the neighbor who was over. The next thing I know, my husband is banging on the bathroom window (which is close to the deck so everyone could hear) I go to see what's wrong and he says he needs toilet paper. I go to the cabinet 3 feet away from him and throw it at him.

I mean seriously, I wanted to smack him.

sadeyez11
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:05 AM

yeah you should have. if there is tissue in the bathroom then i will lean over and get it even if my butt comes off the toilet. if there is none in the bathroom then i yell for someone to get me some napkins cuz that usually means there is no more tissue. we have one bathroom and i keep it on the shelf in front of the toilet that way the kids can always get it if they run out.

Quoting townmom:

LOL, maybe I should have added that there WAS toilet paper in the bathroom - if this was the case would you still yell?

In my situation, my husband will ALWAYS yell for someone instead of getting up and getting it when it is 3 feet away from him.

A couple weeks ago, I was out on the back deck talking to the neighbor who was over. The next thing I know, my husband is banging on the bathroom window (which is close to the deck so everyone could hear) I go to see what's wrong and he says he needs toilet paper. I go to the cabinet 3 feet away from him and throw it at him.

jillbailey26
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:07 AM

If that's the case, then yes, I would get it myself.  I mean, it's RIGHT THERE, lol.

Quoting townmom:

~Jill~

GOBryan
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:16 AM

If I run out of the rolls I keep in the bathroom and someone is in hearing distance, then I'd ask them to get it for me so I don't "drip" down the hallway..lol.. if not, then I may not have a choice but shake it off or even use my hand, wash my hands and then get the toilet paper, finish wiping off and wash my hands again, then move on.

emilysmom8
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:20 AM

I always get it myself..  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)