Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

While preggo, did you ever lie about your weight gain?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:30 AM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: When it came to how much weight I gained while preggo, I:

Options:

Totally lied

Told the truth

Kept my mouth shut - it's no one's biz

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 23

View Results

dumbbell                    pregnant belly         

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LiChanelsMommy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Told the truth. I started at 105lbs and when I was at my biggest I was 125lbs. Gaining weight while pregnant is a fact of life, theres no reason to lie or be embarrassed about it.  

LacyJane86
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:46 AM

I don't know if I would have if I had a normal pregnancy. But I had twins so my weight was a little crazy!! I went from 110 pounds to 200 pounds!!!! It was the worst!!! But I actually enjoyed telling people because of the shock on their face heehe.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Kays_Mama06
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:05 AM

I was 142 before my son and ended 192. Exactly 50 lbs. 30 of which are still on my body. How lovely.  

BRey28
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:08 AM

If people asked I usually told them, I didnt really care. When I started out I was 150 and ended up at 207!! I am now back down to 150 again thankfully

lanceandhailey
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:08 AM

I told the truth, I gained 27 pounds with my son and 25 pounds with my daughter. The 25 pounds came off, but not that first 27 pounds ugh time to work out!

giffer
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:10 AM

i never lied about how much weight i gained. like 45 pounds, but i did lie about how much i actually weighed. if i was only 120 pounds, then i probably wouldn't but starting out at 180 - i didn't want everyone to know.

http://butterflywebsite.com/clipart/Btflyyel2.gif  butterfly on head   wife to mike in love

mommy to   megann  playing soccer girland dillon   toddler boy

MikeysMom51108
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:11 AM

I told the truth. Why lie about it? I had the perfect excuse for gaining so much weight!

I gained 44 pounds while pregnant. My son is 14 months old, I've lost all the baby weight plus an additional 16 pounds--and still working on losing more! Yay (just thought I'd throw that in there....lol)

Shiiloe
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:16 AM

I lost 18 lbs while I was pregnant, so I didn't really have the inclination to lie about it.  I don't think I would have though, had I been gaining the whole time.  My mom and my sister both gained 70lbs when they were pregnant (and both were very thin to start out) so I had a lot to live up to anyway  ;)

CharmaineL
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Quoting LiChanelsMommy:

Told the truth. I started at 105lbs and when I was at my biggest I was 125lbs. Gaining weight while pregnant is a fact of life, theres no reason to lie or be embarrassed about it.  

You are teeny tiny! I agree tho, there isn't a reason to lie/be embarrassed.

athenax3
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:20 PM

I tell the truth...to lie implies that A. I'm ashamed (which I am not) and B. I care enough about others opinions to bother formulating and retaining a lie in the precious little brain space left to me by four children and a constanlty lost but loving hubby (which I don't) lol....

I find no matter how painful, annoying or uncomfortable the truth may be- it is infinitely easier and wiser in the long run in many, if not most situations for all involved....jmo...

*and I gain a ton of weight when I'm pregnant- I try to eat right, but am guilty of the occasional cupcake binge and I make no excuses for it- I like chocolate, sue me....lol....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)