• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My own family is ticking me off

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:47 PM
  • 6 Replies

So heres what happend....okay so me, my oldest daughter, my sister, her daughter and her husband get together every sunday morning and go to a restraunt and have brunch.  We started doing this about 3 months ago.  But before that we werent really close but i feel that this has brought us together a lttle more.  Any way, my sister/and her daughter didnt invite my daughter to her birthday party last sunday.  Her daughter is a year older then mine, but they still get along and talk and everything.  This just makes me mad because we ( me and my DD) invited her and her daughter to my daughters birthday party, but of course my sister and her DD didnt show up for unknown reasons.  But i was talking to my sister on the phone the day of her daughters party and she said "oh, we cant go to brunch today its Anna's birthday today and shes having a party" and i said something like oh thats cool or somehting.  But it didnt even phase her that she didnt invite us.  Shes my sister and my DD's cousin.  Should we go to brunch with them since they are doing stuff like this to me?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LavenderMom23
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:02 PM
You really should talk to her about this. Tell her you were hurt when you didn't get an invite and ask why. Then based on her answer, you can make an informed decision.

The Lord bless you and keep you! The Lord let his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you! The Lord look upon you kindly and give you peace! (Numbers 6:24-26)

nah25
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:09 PM

I would def. ta;k to her about it. In my family we invite all family and cousins no matter of the age to B-day parties. But everyone does it different I guess, I would def. talkto her and ask her about it

a href="http://www.baby-gaga.com/">baby growth
SunshineSmiles
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:10 PM

what?! i'd bitch slap my sister, psht. i'd invite myself, lol.

kiddiecare05
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Even though I think it is pretty rude either way...was it a family party or a party for her friends? Maybe if it was a friends party she didnt invite your DD because she wouldnt know anyone, so I wouldnt be AS offended I guess... 

MomNamedRachel
by on Jul. 30, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Quoting SunshineSmiles:

what?! i'd bitch slap my sister, psht. i'd invite myself, lol.

Ha yeah we were gonna stop in and eat cake and just leave

rogerstammy
by on Jul. 30, 2009 at 2:30 PM

This is were you need to decide if this is a battle/fight you want to endure. Yes it hurt your feelings. My feelings would be hurt too, but when we start punish each other because we are hurt it makes things worse..

Don't stop having brunch, this is something that is special and you should continue it. If you are hurt just politely ask your sister why your daughter wasn't invited. Whatever answer she gives you, don't take it personally. Sometimes as humans we can be thoughtless in the things we do. If you make a huge issue out of it, you then become the bad guy. If you just let her know your feelings were hurt, and let it be. Your sister will think it over next time and perhaps realize she was wrong.

Just remember your daughter will learn from you so handle this situation in a way that your child will become a better person. I wish you the best of luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)