Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For people who freecycle.

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:47 PM
  • 4 Replies

How much do you take from a person before you let an item go? I had a bookshelf on there and this guy asked if I could wait until 6-7 because his car does not do well in the heat. Okay, no show last night and then sends me a message at 8:30 or so telling me he could not get his car to start. I told him I let someone know that I will tell them in the morning if it was not gone and since he sent me a message I would wait till the afternoon. He said he would get his wofe car and get here early in the morning. Well, I let it go at almost 10;00  because it was still there. I did send him a message also. This was a person who emailed about the self and was coming to pick something else up. So then I get an email after 10:00 from him saying he came by and there was nothing there. And another after he got my message saying he was not happy and telling my about kharma.......kharma my friend and how he worked hard to get his car to start. . I did send him a message back saying I was very sorry that I thought he was not coming because he told me early morning. He says it's okay........like I said kharma. Should I feel bad about this?..........I was for sure he was a no show again. Would you have let it go?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bonkersornuts
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:56 PM

In that case yes! He did not do as he said he would or at least call and ask for more time.

I had a women who really ticked me off once.we had a house fire and really need beds and things like that. I found someone giving away just that.So I called and said I could be there the next day would she hold it for me.I needed a trailer and had to find one.She said YES. so I call her the next day and call and call and call and she finally called back and she gave it away the day she said she would wait for me. How lame was that? She could of said no,she would not wait and i would of been ok with that.

Mamamanic
by Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:08 PM

I was not trying to give it out from under him. He did not get his wife's car like he said either. Twice no show usually means to let it go. If he would have emailed me, I would have been fine waiting a few hours.

4isenoough
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:10 PM

He said that he would be there early morning and he was not so I would have given it away to someone else too! You gave him not just one but two chances and he didn't come through, so that's his fault. Whatever on the Karma comment, you did nothing wrong IMO.

Mamamanic
by Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:53 PM

I swear next time.I just put it on the curb and say come get it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)