Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Between you and your DH/SO

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:46 AM
  • 35 Replies

Which one of you gets pampered?  I'm old fashioned.  I like to cater to DH.  I can't stand the thought of him cooking his own meals or washing his own clothes.  I guess we're really traditional.  What about you?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GeorgiaSun
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:50 AM

We are more traditonal as well. But now that I'm in my third trimester the tables are slowly turning because he wants to take care of me instead of me catering to him because he knows I'm super tired....wink mini

soontobemom2088
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:51 AM

I'd like to say him and i are equal but we are not. He spoils me, he gets me whatever i want whenever i want it and caters to my every need. Granted i am 35 wks prego! Even before that though he still did everything i asked for or hinted at. Right now i stay at home and make sure that the house is clean, clothes are washed, and that dinner is ready by the time he gets home, its really the least i can do. He tells me not to worry about it since i am prego but ya know its hard because i dont want him to feel like i dont appreciate him.

expecting baby

CafeMom Tickers
StacyMac822
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:52 AM

Awww that's really sweet!

Ayla-bellesmom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:55 AM

I am definitely more pampered. We both do nice things for each other, but he goes over and far above for me. I love him!

7SinsAnna
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:57 AM

I would say it’s fairly equal, although I would  say I go out of my way for him a little more… 

I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They’ll learn more, than I’ll ever know
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world. 

anetrnlov
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:59 AM

The way I see it, we are both pampered.

I want nothing more then to be a SAHM to our three kids so my husband is willing to take on full financial responsibility of our family so that I can quit my job as a nurse and stay home because he knows that is what will make me happy.

In return I try to do as much as I can to show how much I appreciate him doing that for me.

connietrrll
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:04 AM

I am definitely the most pampered one. My husband cooks and serves me my meals. My son and daughter do it while he is at work.(because I can't carry any dishes) He does 90% of the laundry, or my kids do it, because I can't carry it. I have everyone doing almost everything for me. I wish it was the other way. Maybe after some surgeries I can return the favor.

Alison_C
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:10 AM

He is the one who always gets pampered. I'm even his alarm clock.

mstnbecki
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:32 AM

pampered? I wouldn't call it pampered but i do wait on him hand and foot, I wish he would do half for me what I do for him in a day but I'm the lazy one in this house lol.the man will go all day without eating if I'm not here to get him food or all day without coffee if im not home to make a pot of coffee its ridicules. 

lapcounter
Amazing weekend, now to plan our next getaway.....
Yesterday at 10:39 AM
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:55 PM

My husband is pretty spoiled I keep the house spotless and I make sure he has a home cooked meal 5 to 6 days out of the week even though we have a two and three year old and I work also. In fact a couple of his friends are jealous. But on the other hand I get pretty spoiled with the kind of jewelry I want and spa days so I say it is pretty even.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)