Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wives that don't clean?? PIOG

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:35 AM
  • 183 Replies

I take a lot of pride in being a good wife and mother, to me that includes keeping a clean house and preparing meals. DH helps me with household chores both inside and out on occasion but I do most of it. Now with that said, I know several women that I feel are pretty lazy and don't have a problem letting their DH work full time and come home to do most if not all of the house chores. Some of these ladies work and some don't but their men still do SO much more in the home than the wives do. Don't get me wrong, I did say that DH helps me out some and I'm thankful but these women, they just aren't domestic at all, they don't cook much, don't clean, don't do laundry. Don't most men look for some kind of domestic skills in a woman? So here is the question.... Do you feel that being a "good wife" is includes keeping a clean house or at least helping? Can one be a "good wife" if she is letting/expecting her husband do all of the chores while she sits and does absolutely nothing? To me that doesn't sound likepartnership at all. Your thoughts?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaddiesMaMa418
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Being a good wife for YOUR husband means doing all the things you do, for someone else it can be completely different. I clean and cook and such and it makes my husband happy. Our friend, however does none of that and her husband could care less.

Mommy2One881
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:42 AM

Where can I find one of these men that cook and clean???

zianneaaliyah
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:46 AM

I don't like to cook.  Hubby knows this, but wanted me to take the initiative.  I told him I'll take the initiative when he takes the initiative to cut back on his horrible spending habits.  Guess who does most of the cooking?

destinee
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:48 AM

dh and i both work so therefore we both do the household cleaning.and he mows the lawn. 

Jackieb3
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:48 AM

I agree, it all depends on the couple and how THEY feel about THERE marriage. When my husband and I first got married I didn't cook or clean, and my husband loved me and thought I was a good wife, and now that I do he loves me the same.

Quoting MaddiesMaMa418:

Being a good wife for YOUR husband means doing all the things you do, for someone else it can be completely different. I clean and cook and such and it makes my husband happy. Our friend, however does none of that and her husband could care less.

TDMumof3
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:51 AM
I think being a good Wife, is keeping a clean house. I think being a Stay @ home Wife, should keep the house clean. If both parties are working than the house hold chores should be shared. Along with tending to the kids, If both people in the marriage are working. Again, staying at home, The wife should do all of the duties around the house.

Granted, I am just like the poster. I stay @ home with the children, cooking, cleaning. Making sure the house is running smoothly. For the most part of our marriage I did all of the house cleaning,tending to the kids. Even did some of the yard work that needed to be done. If we didn't have yard work, and husband's parents needed it done. I would do it! Now, I am in School, I still keep the house, and cooking and my husband's job allowed him to work 3-4 days a week(12hr shift) and has anywhere between 4days off my husband helps. Mainly what i ask of my husband is that he do dishes(which isn't hard because we have a dishwasher), tends to the kids, and helps with laundry on his days off. The reason why I have to step back is because in reality my husband does need to know what the Important parts of keeping the house,and tending to the children because once I have graduated our rolse are going to reverse.

I also know wives that don't clean, and hardly cook.
Matter of fact for the most part though the reason why the wife was so Damn lazy was because she was too busy having sex with every tom,dick, or harry that walked through the front door and needless to say the marriage ended because she wasn't maintaining her responsibilty in the marriage.
tdmumof3siggys
jillbailey26
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:59 AM

I have one, but you can't have him, lol.  He helps where I need him to, but I mostly do everything around here.  I feel that it's the least I could do since he works all day and I'm home.

Quoting Mommy2One881:

Where can I find one of these men that cook and clean???

*God may delay, but is never departed*

LyTe684
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:01 AM

I think that any situation where one party leaves ALL or MAJORITY of the responsibilities to the other person is a bad situation. I have a friend that's like that. Doesn't work, kids are in school full time and doesn't clean. Cooks at her own convenience... I swear, it sounds bad, but IDK WTF he sees in her. Granted, DH and I split the housework.. SPLIT. It's 50/50. NOT 90/10.

Momee2Six
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:22 AM

I think this post is funny! How does keeping a house clean and cooking equate to being a good wife?

I think being kind, loving, and meeting my husbands needs make me a good wife. Cooking and cleaning makes me a good house keeper.... totally different things.

Also, this is such a double standard. Wives that don't cook and clean are being villainized but the majority of men don't do any where near half the cooking and cleaning and that is okay????

I am a sometimes CIO, sometimes BF, sometimes ERF depending of the child. Hugging and kissing until my babies beg me to stop. Tell my children and Husband I love them every single day. Give my children every thing they need and most of what they want.
Hand holding and closed mouth kissing in front of my children, cheering my children on from the sidelines, and supporting my husband in anything he does kind of Christian wife and mother to the greatest man currently living and 7 of the most beautiful children ever created!

LyTe684
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:27 AM

Quoting Momee2Six:

I think this post is funny! How does keeping a house clean and cooking equate to being a good wife?

I think being kind, loving, and meeting my husbands needs make me a good wife. Cooking and cleaning makes me a good house keeper.... totally different things.

Also, this is such a double standard. Wives that don't cook and clean are being villainized but the majority of men don't do any where near half the cooking and cleaning and that is okay????

Heck no it's not okay.. LOL. And you're right.. cooking and cleaning don't make a good wife... In my reply... the reason it matters *IMO* is this man has been begging his wife to get a job and help out with the bills to help HIM out.. and she refuses. Says she's a princess and doesn't have to.

If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, you can rest assured that the water bill is higher there too! ~Maya Angelou

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)