Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you go to church?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:52 AM
  • 49 Replies

I have been back and forth with church. Sometimes I find it helpful other times not.I no church  is importantr and studies suggest people feel better and do bettedr in their life by being part of a church. But no matter how hard I try I do not feel a longing or a belonging at a church. How do you feel about church? Any imfor or insite etc.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DessC
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Not only do I feel connected to going to church I do not have the time.

DaisypathLilypie

Lilypie

thomamomma76
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:54 AM

Yes, we go, EVERY Sunday. Sunday school then regular service. Bible study on Wednesday. We attend a wonderful church that not only the kids enjoy, but us as well.

RoguesMommy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:56 AM

We go to Church- it's not every Sunday- but it's at least 80% out of the year.

PhotobucketLilypie
youngmamma11
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:58 AM

Yes.. pretty much every Sunday unless sick or on vacations or other events that pop up.. but i love it. We just got done studying the Lord's Prayer and it really hit home for me. My fiance has gotten himself into some legal trouble and the lords prayer is all about being able to forgive others and asking God to help keep you away from temptation.. It just i don't know.. i really felt like God was speaking to me through the sermons and it has helped me get through this hard time.. I don't know how i could live my life without faith in God..it's just something i can't imagine..

offrdngal
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:58 AM

I don't go to church.  I am not a religious person.  I believe what I believe..not what the church wants me to believe.  My mom made us go to church while we were growing.  She went to several different ones (before she decided to quit going).  The main thing I noticed was that most (not all) of the church goers and the clergy are nothing but hypocrites.

Terri

sll1976
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Me and my family go to church.  We belong to UCC which is a very liberal church, so I rather enjoy going.  It's great and I love the services.

Betsy858
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Perhaps if I grew up in volved with a church as a kid UI would feel differently. But I have  tried many churches and bible studies. But nothing does it for me. MaybeI am trying to hard/.

jenniamigo
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Quoting offrdngal:

I don't go to church.  I am not a religious person.  I believe what I believe..not what the church wants me to believe.  My mom made us go to church while we were growing.  She went to several different ones (before she decided to quit going).  The main thing I noticed was that most (not all) of the church goers and the clergy are nothing but hypocrites.

Betsy858
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:01 AM

Quoting sll1976:

Me and my family go to church.  We belong to UCC which is a very liberal church, so I rather enjoy going.  It's great and I love the services.

What does UCC stand for?

vdavis
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:01 AM

My 4yr old and I go to church,not every Sunday, but i try.  It makes me feel good and like im doing good for my family.  My 15yr and husband sometimes go with us,but i do not push them,it is a choice,so i believe the less you push the more you get. Its all in Gods time.  I attend on Friday nights at the rock,owned by FBC in Center,al. It is an out reach to familys who do not go to church or know god.  This helps people know there is help out there to people who need a direction in life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)