Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tell me this isn't awesome!!! (picture heavy)

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:25 PM
  • 28 Replies

That's my baby (17 months old) learning how to swim and Float in ISR Aquatic Survival Classes!!!

Yesterday he had to show off his skills FULLY CLOTHED

swimminggetting dunked straight downis able to flip over and breathe"fell" backwards off stepgot himself floating so he could breathe!!

We still have about 4 or 5 lessons left but I feel pretty confident that if he were to fall into the pool, he could safe his own life!!!! Amazing!

And yes the instructor is right there but she does not assist him in getting into a floating position he has to do it all on his own!!!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dancer33
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:27 PM
awesome!

youngmamma11
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:29 PM

That is pretty amazing. My daughter has no hope in learning to swim from me or her dad.. neither one of us knows how to swim properly. We just know enough to stay afloat.. Good for your little man though..

Eveysmom527
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Wow that is awesome!

AMsMommy212
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:55 PM

thanks!! It took a lot of work, poor guy has been in the pool everyday for the last 6 weeks!

Angela735
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:57 PM

That is cool. It would freak me out though. But seeing the smiles totally changes my mind! 

I am a proud mom who, breastfed til 18months, co-slept for a while, immunize every time, spank when necessary, time out when necessary, trusts God for all her family's needs.how are you

MAMAOF2ANGELS
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Yes very awesome!

AMsMommy212
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Quoting Angela735:

That is cool. It would freak me out though. But seeing the smiles totally changes my mind! 

there have been a few times it was REALLY freaky.. like once she had practiced floating for about 7 days she just let him go and he sunk(like 12 inches down in the water) and was almost doing a back flip tryin to figure out how to get up, he was underwater for almost 10 seconds before he figured it out!!!! And yesterday when he did it with his diaper and clothes on it was scary because at first he had trouble floating with all the extra weight.. but he got it!!  All these pictures are from the last 2 weeks for the 2-5th week he cried the WHOLE time.. I was so glad to finally see some smiles again :-)

LvnDeadGrl
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Amazing!

MomofFour232629
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:12 PM

WOW!! What an awesome thing you are doing for your son! Props to you Momma! 

MOM22QTS
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:13 PM

those underwater pics are awesome!

i would love to do this with my son but he would freak. he is two years old..and i was contemplating signing him up for swimming lessons..but he freaks out at the sight of water.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)