Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BirthControl

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:59 PM
  • 0 Replies

This is to all the mom's that have had a baby recently and are thinking about birth control. Cause I know after i had my son that was 1 thing i needed right away. But i was really worried cause i had a pituitary problem. That is a part of your brain that produces hormones and produces the hormones to make your milk and stuff. So i can only take progestin only. Which that doesn't mess with your milk or any other hormone in your body. So my OB doctor told me about the Implanon. Which that is one single rod that is placed in your arm. So he sent me home with all the info on it and i did all my research. So after doing my research and talking to my old doctor that told me i had the problem with my pituitary. I went for it. Cause my husband and i diffentely knew we didn't want another baby anytime soon. Its good for 3 years. It goes under the skin in your upper arm. And it's litteraly the size of a match stick. Ok did it hurt. Well kinda sore for a couple days. But the doctor uses Lanacain thats a numping shot. That hurt worse than the actual procedure. But it all happens right there in the office. And this is why im writting this about this.Cause i'm totally 100% happy with. Its so much better than not having to worry about taking a bill every day or going and getting a shot every 3 months. You dont even know its there. You can't see where it is you can feel it if you run your hand across it but it doesn't hurt and works wonderful. So check it out if you thinking about birth control.

Mrs. Smith/ Jeren's Mommy

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)