Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did you do for your baby's first birthday???

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:57 PM
  • 25 Replies

My son's first birthday is next month and I'm having a hard time planning it. I realize that he won't remember it but I'd still like to do something fun.

SOOOO.. I wanna know...

What did you do for YOUR baby's first birthday?

Any ideas are extremely appreciated!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamaellie1979
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:08 PM

we got two dozen cupcakes (which turned into a massive food-fight!) and the kids played together on the beach, it was too cute!! then we went to do the cake and the twins smashed cake into each others faces (one blue the other green) and all of the other kids thought it was fun and started throwing cupcakes at each other

NavyWifey122305
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:10 PM

I took him to the ER then stayed overnight with him ...he had phnemonia. Then everyday for the next week i had to take him in for antibiotic shots......... we ended up having his party a week later.

offrdngal
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:12 PM

My son is 11 now, but on his 1st birthday we had some family come over and I baked a cake (I do this every year).  It wasn't a party..just a little get together.  We gave ds a piece of cake and let him "go to town".  He had it all over his face and mushed between his fingers.  We've done this for all of the kids in our family.

Terri

AMarineLovesMe
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:13 PM

We had a big cookout, rented a cotton candy machine (complete with someone that knew how to work it lol) and a bounce house for the older kids that came.  It was at my parents house since they have a pool so everyone went swimming, and then we did the mini cake for DS to attack and opened gifts.  I made margaritas and a few people brought bottles of wine, so the adults could relax after the kids party part died down.  Some of my god-kids are in their teens so they babysat the little ones inside for us.

dreamer_8291
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:14 PM

AAWWWW. . .Poor guy!

Quoting NavyWifey122305:

I took him to the ER then stayed overnight with him ...he had phnemonia. Then everyday for the next week i had to take him in for antibiotic shots......... we ended up having his party a week later.

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:14 PM

We  don't live by family, so my Mom and Stepdad came to visit for a week.  After we had her B'day dh and I left for 3 day much needed vacation and dd got ot have her grandparents all to herself.

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Congrats! the 1st bday is a big milestone!

For my dd's 1st bday, I did a cupcake party for her. I found cupcake everything for the party. i used a website called celebration expree ( i think thats what was called) they had tons of themes and cupcake versions for girls and boys. I made the cupcakes, etc. There was food for adults, but i also made a platter w/ 'baby food', like the teether biscuits, cheerios, bananas, etc. for her & her baby friends. For her smash cake, I found these mini cake pans, and made it look like an oversized cupcake. Cupcakes are great because there's nothing to cut, and they're sooo cute! My friend did a safari themed bday for her ds, it was waaayyy cute, too!

dreamer_8291
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:19 PM

DD's 1st Birthday is next month too! We are having a party at one of the parks near us. We are going to cook out and have lots of food and snacks. Of course cake/smash cake. There's about 13 kids coming, ages 4mon - 12ish. We are doing goodie bags for the kids and might have some games with prizes for the older kids. Other than that we just plan to have a good time!

MommyToEthan
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:25 PM

not very much.   we just had the grandparents over for cake.   i had to open the gifts since he showed no interest in them except for the wrapping paper and boxes.

honeyb3
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:42 PM

We went to the zoo with a small handful of family members. They had a picnic area and that is where he got his gifts and cake. It was fun for everyone and there were a lot of good photo opportunities.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)