Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any police women or wives of police men...

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:30 PM
  • 3 Replies

I realize I can't reverse look up a cell phone number like a regular number but I've seen places where you have to pay a fee and they claim they can.  Are they a scam?  The police told me they can't get cell phone numbers without a warrant (or whatever you call it).  I am so sick of prank phone calls :(  We've had to change our dd's cell phone number so now they are calling the house.  We know who it is but they use other peoples cell phone so we can't prove it.  Any advice?  Thanks.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Melida4803
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:39 PM

I work in parole, but I might be able to help.  Have you tried contacting the cell phone company that you have?  I'm not sure if they could put a block on the numbers, but they may be able to.  Yes, the police can't get any information like that without a warrant.  It's nerve racking, I agree!  You could also change your daughter's phone number.

I was stalked for a year when I was in high school (I just watched "Prom Night"...freaky) and the police told me they couldn't do anything since he hadn't actually touched me and they wouldn't do anything about the phone calls (he would call and hang up...for a year he did this or he would call and threaten me).  He would follow me to school, make threats, hang outside my house and look into the windows, he tried to break into my friend's house (he broke in through the garage but left when her mom heard him trying to open the door), he made sexual advances to my friends, and I tore up a picture of him and he picked up the pieces.  I didn't know he saw me do it, but he did...it was really creepy!  Maybe that's why I work in law enforcement now. 

jabs54
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 8:37 AM

Quoting Melida4803:

I work in parole, but I might be able to help.  Have you tried contacting the cell phone company that you have?  I'm not sure if they could put a block on the numbers, but they may be able to.  Yes, the police can't get any information like that without a warrant.  It's nerve racking, I agree!  You could also change your daughter's phone number.

I was stalked for a year when I was in high school (I just watched "Prom Night"...freaky) and the police told me they couldn't do anything since he hadn't actually touched me and they wouldn't do anything about the phone calls (he would call and hang up...for a year he did this or he would call and threaten me).  He would follow me to school, make threats, hang outside my house and look into the windows, he tried to break into my friend's house (he broke in through the garage but left when her mom heard him trying to open the door), he made sexual advances to my friends, and I tore up a picture of him and he picked up the pieces.  I didn't know he saw me do it, but he did...it was really creepy!  Maybe that's why I work in law enforcement now. 

Thanks for the info!  I'm so sorry you had to go through that in h.s.   We did change her cell number which cost us $36.00.  Now she can't text her friends all day long like she used to for fear they will get her number.  The police have been realy good to us and warned her months ago to stop texting her and have ticketed her but it didn't matter, hence why we changed her number.  They are stalking/intimidating her and wrote CU_T on her car while she was at work.  They granted us a temp. restraining order, the court date is next week.  But they are still calling the house with different numbers.  I guess we'll have to change our number too and get an unlisted number :(

bastien2
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Im sorry to hear you got a crazy person calling. you can actually block restricted numbers on your phone and set yours up so that the outgoing calls or messeges do not show your number. And if you have to call other people, just use *67 then the number and your number will not show on thier caller id. actaully, you can trace cell phone numbers by reverse look up, I had to do it once and yes there is a fee (i used intellus). But if they are calling from multiple numbers there is no use really they will just keep it up. Good luck.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)