Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Plaxico Burress says he didn't realize he shot himself...

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:31 AM
  • 0 Replies

From NYTimes

Plaxico Burress, the former Giants receiver who pleaded guilty to a weapons charge last week, said in an interview with ESPN on Monday night that he did not realize he had accidentally shot himself last fall until he saw blood dripping onto his sneaker.

In an excerpt of an interview that will be broadcast in full Tuesday, Burress said his gun, a .40-caliber Glock, fired after he missed a step walking up stairs at the Latin Quarter nightclub in Manhattan on Nov. 29.

The gun began to slide down his pant leg, Burress said, and he accidentally pulled the trigger through his pants when he tried to stop the gun from hitting the ground. He said he took two or three steps, realized his pants were wet and saw that the top of his shoe had blood on it.

Burress said he immediately turned to his teammate Antonio Pierce and asked to be taken to the hospital. “And he was like why?” Burress said. “I said, ‘I just think I shot myself,’ and he was like, ‘Noooo!’ ”

Burress agreed to accept a two-year prison term. He will be sentenced Sept. 22.

When asked why he did not have a holster, Burress said simply, “Bad judgment.”

Your response?

Do you own a gun? 

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)