Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DO you RSVP to parties? Poll

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:11 AM
  • 22 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you RSVP to parties?

Options:

Yes

No

Sometimes

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 64

View Results

I usually do.  I'm just asking because this Saturday is my DD's birthday party and we invited the girls in the class to come.  I sent invitations out last week.  Which is earlier than other parents send them.  My DD will get invites like 3 days before the party which I really hate!  Well so far no one has RSVP.  Should I be concerned?  I would hate to get everything set up and then no one shows.  My DD would be so heart broken.  I know I'll have it set up either way b/c I know not everyone RSVP's but it's stressing me out some.  Oh to top it off my DD just got in invite to another bday party that same day.  Different hours though but it was a boy.  So I can understand that his parents didn't know about my DD b/c I only have the girls coming.  I wanted to invite everyone but I'm doing this on my own and I think that many kids would be too much on me! 

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:52 AM

Its rude to not rsvp if you are coming.  Sometimes I call even if I am not coming but I always call if I am. 

I have had people call the night before, the day of and even an hour before the party.  My girls are teens now but when I did goodie bags I learned to always have 3-4 extra ones in case of last minute people calling. 

I would think its strange no one has rsvp'd for this Saturday.  I have just invited the girls in my girls classes before too.  One time I was counting on probably 1/2 the the girls coming and guess what?  Every girl came.  This party was $23 a kid too and I am talking 8 years ago.  It was an expensive party. 

MommyOnLI
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:52 AM

i know its a PITA but i would call the parents and find out... what was the RSVP date?

mamad122
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:55 AM

I'm bad about responding  b/c most of the time it's people I know really well so I know that they assume I'm going to be there. But in this case, I can't imagine not RSVPing, ya know? Don't hesitate to call the mothers and ask :)

Pregnancy Ticker 

in love    toddler girl  expecting baby
 Jeremy & Nicole      Shae        Thane OR Joslin
       7-14-07          7-13-08
          12-21-09

Mamagirlz
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:53 AM

I have the RSVP date by Friday.

Quoting MommyOnLI:

i know its a PITA but i would call the parents and find out... what was the RSVP date?

Mamagirlz
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:53 AM

The only problem with that is i don't have any of there numbers.

Quoting mamad122:

I'm bad about responding  b/c most of the time it's people I know really well so I know that they assume I'm going to be there. But in this case, I can't imagine not RSVPing, ya know? Don't hesitate to call the mothers and ask :)

Jaxonsmom
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:56 AM

i always RSVP but NO ONE will RSVP to my parties.  It drives me nuts.  I had a Parylite party and no one RSVP'd so i made all this food and like 1/2 the peeps showed up.  I think it is soo rude!

Mamagirlz
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:01 AM

All I'm serving them is fruit punch, cupcakes, and ice cream.  I'm doing mid day so I didn't have to spend a lot on food.  Plus with no one RSVPing I don't have to worry about buying too much food.

Quoting Jaxonsmom:

i always RSVP but NO ONE will RSVP to my parties.  It drives me nuts.  I had a Parylite party and no one RSVP'd so i made all this food and like 1/2 the peeps showed up.  I think it is soo rude!

momma5girls

RSVP and thank you notes are two things I am really anal about!!  Its rude not to do either. 

Mamagirlz

Me too.

Quoting momma5girls:

RSVP and thank you notes are two things I am really anal about!!  Its rude not to do either. 

maybebaby15
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Quoting momma5girls:

I agree! I hate when people don't RSVP, especially when I've sent an Evite and can see that they've viewed the invitation. Its like people think you're going to be pissed if they tell you know. I don't care -- just tell me so I know whether to buy enough food for you or not!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)