Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

in need of some help piog

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:56 PM
  • 4 Replies

the little terror of mine decided food dyethat i left on the counter would look awesome on my couch and beige carpet. i tried spot shot, carpet cleaner and peroxide to get it out. but now i have a lovely pastel blue and purple carpet and expensive couch... anyone have anymore ideas on what to do to get it out... im renting a rug doctor but i cant do it till friday... (jobs)

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jillbailey26
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:05 PM

ehow.com is wonderful for this type of stuff. 

http://www.ehow.com/how_4885651_remove-food-coloring-carpet.html

*When I pray "coincidences" happen, when I don't pray, they don't*

jdhshamoo
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Get a towel damp with water and put it over the spots. Then put your hot iron (on steam setting) over the towel. This will draw the stain from the carpet to the towel. Be sure to use an old towel you don't care about. This technique works wonders for me.  

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:06 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:

Advice for Moms

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

kcberrey
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:45 PM

We used this method when I worked for a carpet cleaning company. We sprayed spot remover on the towel before ironing it though but it should work the same. Its called a heat transfer.

Quoting jdhshamoo:

Get a towel damp with water and put it over the spots. Then put your hot iron (on steam setting) over the towel. This will draw the stain from the carpet to the towel. Be sure to use an old towel you don't care about. This technique works wonders for me.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)