• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your friends..

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:59 PM
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: How many good friends do you have?

Options:

2-3

4 or more

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 26

View Results

How many true friends do you have?  How many people do you hang out with regularly? 

It seems to me like my friends & I have been growing further & further apart the older we get.  I still have 2 good girlfriends that I hang out with a lot.  But I used to have more like 5 or 6 a couple years ago. -my phone used to ring off the hook... now it seems like it never rings.  It makes me feel forgotten sometimes.  

Anyone else in the same boat? 

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LiChanelsMommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:03 PM

I have two true friends. As a couple, we have five other couples we hang out with on a regualar basis and have dinner parties and movie/game night. They are good friends and as a group or singular couple they're great friends but I couldn't pick out one person in particular in that group of friends that I would say is my BFF or someone I would turn to to keep my secrets.

Unfortunately, my two true friends live hours away from me now. My girl BFF lives two and half hours away from me in Detroit and my guy BFF moved to Arizona while I'm in Michigan.

LovesPinkk
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Quoting LiChanelsMommy:

I have two true friends. As a couple, we have five other couples we hang out with on a regualar basis and have dinner parties and movie/game night. They are good friends and as a group or singular couple they're great friends but I couldn't pick out one person in particular in that group of friends that I would say is my BFF or someone I would turn to to keep my secrets.

yeah. i hear ya.  we also have 3 or 4 couples that we hang out with & we love... but it's not like they are my friends. they are our friends.  so i just see a big difference in that. 

ceashell707
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:10 PM

I use to think I had a lot of friends, and then my SO called attention to how one sided the friendships were.  Even with my family members.  I have 3 people I consider my friends, but only 1 that I can always count on, depend on and who is there for me no matter what is going on in her life.

Kassie09
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:13 PM

When it comes real true friends...I have 5 or 6.

blinkie_ilovemygirlspink.gifblinkie_happilymarried_pink.giffullmom.gif image by Venus853

Earth-Angel
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:49 PM

I couldn't vote! No option for me, I don't have any! I don't hang out with anyone, I just talk to a few ppl on the Internet! It's a sad life I know, but it's my life and I am happy with it. 

Babs

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:57 PM

I have several true wonderful friends. 

First one, we have been friends since 8th grade and we are 48.  We email nearly every day and do no live in the same state.  We are probably closer than sisters are and neither of us have sisters.  We see each other when we visit family. 

2nd we started working together 28 years ago.  I moved away and we still keep in touch and see each other when I visit family. 

I have several friends that I have made along the way since we have moved 9 times in 25 years.  We keep in touch on the phone or through email.  I have a good friend from Atlanta where we lived last.  We talk on the phone just abou every week or email. 

I have lived in Wisconsin for 4 years and don't have any close friends here.   I have friends, and belong to some womens groups and I am friends with some neighbors.  No one I am ultra close to but have many people I could call if I needed help or something happened. 

lot.elf
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:16 PM

I have in this country 3 friends that I know I can count on for anything. In my home country I would say I have 2 that I can count on for everything.

Most other friends and my inlaws here are a one way relationship where I make the effort and give everything. 

monshine2
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:22 PM

I have 2 best friends but neither of them live in the same area as I so when we do get to get together it's a little extra special...
I have a couple "good" friends in the area that I hang out with but with such busy lives on all ends it's hard. I guess it's all part of growing up and having a family... 

PestPatti
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:19 PM

I hang out with my 2 best buds.  We have known each other since 1977.   We have always had fun together and still do.   

They were the first ones there after my mother and sister were killed.  One of them was there when my older brother died.  It's an experierence we wish we didnt have together.

I know they will always be there for me and vice versa.     

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:31 PM

My best friend lives in Maryland. I live in MA. We email every day, talk on the phone from time to time, and visit a few times a year. She's moving home!! Yippee.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)