Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do u think it is the mom's fault?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:16 PM
  • 33 Replies

Ok so I know a 16 year old girl and she was dating a 18 year old guy so her mother told her that he could spend the night with her well she bacame pregnant with his child and now the mom is mad at the guy and barely speaks to him. but I think that is stupid because she allowed it to happen! I personally would never let my daughter and her boyfriend spend the night at my house! What do u think about this? would u let your teenage daughter have a guy spend the night with her in your house?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firefly63701
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:18 PM

HELL NO!!!!  that is just irresponsible.

Angela735
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:18 PM

You can't be sure they would not have done it somewhere else, but the mom should surely look at HER decisions since she did create a place for them to have the opportunity. She should be mad at herself. 

I am a proud mom who, breastfed til 18months, co-slept for a while, immunize every time, spank when necessary, time out when necessary, trusts God for all her family's needs.how are you

mandalouwhotn
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Yep its the moms fault and no I wouldn't.

mommam58122
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:21 PM

HELL NO now here is the sad thing my mom never let me spend the night with my bf now dh or him with me but she always let my sister do it and my sister and her bf now dh are married with no kids have been having sex but i dont htink they are trying for kids yet but dh and i had our oldest before we were married and my mom even had an open door policy opposite sex in ur room the door has to stay open here's where it failed our rooms were upstairs moms was downstairs mom was overweight and too lazy to come just pop in unannounced like i plan to do with my kids 

Follow me join my groups No Backing down momma's

jabs54
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:30 PM

She's an idiot for allowing him to stay over and then getting mad she got pregnant.  What did she think would happen?!

ShadowRaven
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:31 PM

I agree.

Quoting Angela735:

You can't be sure they would not have done it somewhere else, but the mom should surely look at HER decisions since she did create a place for them to have the opportunity. She should be mad at herself. 

Come join my group, The Speakeasy!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/TheSpeakeasy

maryinger
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:33 PM

hell no i wouldn't, but how can she be mad? she let it happen. i mean i understand being mad but she can partially blame herself.

Iellajo
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:58 PM

All three are at fault, Mom, Daughter, & BF.   My DD's biological Father and I never stayed the night with each other but still managed to find  way to... well ya know. 

iheartmyshaman
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:59 PM

I'm not so fast to point fingers.  Sex = possibly pregnancy.  The mom shouldn't have let the boy stay overnight if she was going to be upset about a pregnancy, but they could've easily found another place to do the deed.  A car in a backlot comes up in my mind.

MOM22QTS
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:01 PM

I would never ever ever allow my any boy spend the night at my house with my teenage daughter ever. Even if she was 18, he would not be spending the night at my house!

The mother has NO right to be mad. If it was okay for him to spend the night in her home, she should have taken the time to educate them about properly protecting themselves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)