Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

90% effaced......

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:11 PM
  • 6 Replies

I went to the OB today and she told me that I was 90% and almost 2 cm. Last week I was not effaced at all and at 1.

Any clues as to how much longer it might be? How long was it for everyone else?

I am sooooo ready!!! THANKS

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ajswenson
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:14 PM

My  aunt who used to be an OB nurse for years says that the effacement part is what can slow down labor.  If you've got that part done, the dilation is supposedly a breeze...as in time, not as in pain free (sorry)  so you should be going SOON!!! Congrats!  Your doc didn't  seem to think you'd be soon?

ballerinamom
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:16 PM

I was 2 and 3 cm for an entire month... So it's hard to say.

MissJennJenn
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:16 PM

you could go into labor tonite ;]

the day i went into labor, in the morning i was 95% effaced and 1 cm dilated.....i went into labor that night.

good luck momma!

pregnant

lilhippie354
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:25 PM

OMG! I would be soooo happy if it were tonight lol. And ya the dr thinks that it could be any day or I could go all the way to the 4th. I hope its really soon... I can't wait. I am going to go on a walk tonight, everyone tells me walking helps... I hope!! Thanks!!!

CafeMom Tickers
ajswenson
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Don't walk....RUN! LOL  I got on our eliptical machine trying to get my son out! It didn't help, but it's worth a shot!  Woooo I'm excited for you.

Quoting lilhippie354:

OMG! I would be soooo happy if it were tonight lol. And ya the dr thinks that it could be any day or I could go all the way to the 4th. I hope its really soon... I can't wait. I am going to go on a walk tonight, everyone tells me walking helps... I hope!! Thanks!!!

lilhippie354
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Lol, I know, I want to run, but I cannot breath hahah. I'm going to try anything I can... I'm sooooooo impatient anymore!!! THANK YOU

Quoting ajswenson:

Don't walk....RUN! LOL  I got on our eliptical machine trying to get my son out! It didn't help, but it's worth a shot!  Woooo I'm excited for you.

Quoting lilhippie354:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)