Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quick Survey: Have you ever been to a concert?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:52 AM
  • 62 Replies

singing

Have you ever been to a concert?  (Ninth grade band holiday concert does not count . . .)

Who did you see?  When did you go?  Did you go back-stage?

Tell us all about it!

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinaiAngelPai15
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:57 AM

My very first concert I ever went to sucked.  FIL bought eight tickets (four for the "older" adults and four for the "younger" adults... younger being me, SIL, and two of DH's cousins) for Merle Haggard.  I didn't even know who he was nor did any of the younger people there.  We all fell asleep while the "older" adults loved it. lolz

My second concert ever was Aerosmith and Motley Crue.  DH got free tickets at the USO and he had my friend and I go while he watched her kids so that we could get out of the house.  It was awesome.

The third concert I went to was the 93.3 Holiday Concert in SD, CA.  They had JoJo, Frankie J, Nelly Furtado, Pussycat Dolls, Neyo, Gym Class Heroes, and I'm pretty sure there was one or two more people there that I can't remember.  It was awesome.

Those are the only concerts I've been to.

Never been backstage though.

mstnbecki
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:04 AM

I have been to 1 concert my whole 40 yrs of life and that was the Moody Blues. My ex husband took me there on our first "official" date. we had grass seats. nothing majorly exciting. 

LilrockerMama
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:07 AM

Eh I went to edgefest when I was thirteen. When I was amost 17 I think I went and saw Brand New, Thrice and Me Without You. All bands and songs were AWESOME I went with a girl friend of mine it was fun but we were really close to the stage and people were nuts and pushing us around and we were all like smashed into people it was like we all became one lol weird I know. But it was fun. I wanted to see Aerosmith! Lucky! And then Def Leppard was here a few weeks ago I believe that would have been fun too! I'm not a fan of big crowds though and I have never been backstage =)

trist22
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:19 AM

Hmmm.. I can't even remember all of the bands I have seen/met.. but I will try and think of as many as I can:

Tesla, 3 doors down, envogue, v-ice, hammer ( lol), the nixons, angioparo, seven mary 3, firehouse, greg allman band, fuel (twice), creed, finger eleven, saliva, puddle of mudd, live,  the offspring, silverchair, nickelback, 3 days grace, breaking benjamin, and a kazillion others I am forgetting..

glitterteaz
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:19 AM

first  concert I ever went to was Motley Crue/Scorpions

2nd ZZtop (special invitation only concert)

3rd Motley Crue/Megadeath/Anthrax (met Motley Crue the night before at a album signing)

4th Def Leppard/ Bryan Adams

5th Def Leppard /Journey

6th Motley Crue/ Aerosmith

7th Cruefest (Trapt/Sixx:AM/Buckcherry/Paparoach/Motley Crue)

8th The All American Rejects (yep backstage with autographs but they didn't allow pics)

9th Crufest 2 (Charm City Devils/Drowning Pool/ Theory of  Dead Man/ Godsmack/ Motley Crue)

10th CheapTrick/ Poison/ Def Leppard

11th Aimee Allen/ Fastball/ Sugar Ray ( Got autographs and met all the bands and a pic with pretty much every member)  Here is my fave. Me and Mark McGrath of Sugar Ray!!!

oliveoyl214
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:40 AM

Years ago I went to see Julio Inglesias and WOW I was breathless :) Last year DH & I went to see Chris Daughtry & it was really a great show!

3_ring_circus_
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:47 AM

I have been to a few, Reba, Rollingstones, and anyone who was at the fair. Saturday night I will be at the Nickelback, saving abel, hinder and papa roach concert I am so excited I cant wait!

Jaxonsmom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:23 AM

alright I went to see LFO in middle school.  Then I just went and saw David Cook earlier this year :)

TJP_ASP_MOMMY
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:39 AM

Godsmack and Staind, Staind and Deftones and almost ever single Ozzfest for the past 8 or 9 years.  

<3 Aubri Stacia & Tyler Joseph <3

Mommyto6under7
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:52 AM

I've been to so many concerts. My husband and I live pretty close to NYC and we go into the city a lot (for concerts at Madison Square Garden and RCMH).

The first concert I ever went to was Aerosmith. I thought it was the coolest thing ever and I've been hooked on concerts ever since.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)