Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Discouraged with my diet

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:25 AM
  • 5 Replies

I have been dieting since April and working my behind off and now it has halted I have upped my workout to 50 minutes in the morning 3 times a week and 50 minutes at night everyday to a higher speed on the treadmill and now at an incline. My shoes have fallen apart at the bottoms to the point they are rubbing the bottoms of my feet and have burnt them. Yet i still keep going and wont give up. I need to buy some duct tape for them for now until i can buy a new pair. I drink at least 2 gallons of water a day and i dont eat hardly anything. I have only lost a pound in 2 weeks and been stuck. Im hungry and miss eating foods i like. How long does a plateau last? Can i get myself out of this? Im working so hard and its become an obsession to the point i almost cant stop. I ordered me a bathing suit and il be darned if i wont be able to wear it by the time i go see the ocean in January. All together i have lost 29 pounds but i have been gaining a pound back then losing it. How can i kick start this back up?

I started out 210 and now im 181. Anyone know what i can do to get passed this plateau?

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Rhonda142
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:30 AM

Dont get discouraged and you have to eat or your body will go into storage mode and you won't loose a thing it will just pack it on what lil you do at least eat 3 small meals a day fruit or veges as a snack something low in fat keep working out  and your metabolism will increase and you will start burning more. *hugs* and chin up girlie!

Sweetfairy28
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:40 AM

Quoting Rhonda142:

Dont get discouraged and you have to eat or your body will go into storage mode and you won't loose a thing it will just pack it on what lil you do at least eat 3 small meals a day fruit or veges as a snack something low in fat keep working out  and your metabolism will increase and you will start burning more. *hugs* and chin up girlie!

That could be the problem. maybe im not eating enough. I usally only eat a apple or a orange for breakfast and sometimes a peice of plain skinless baked chicken for dinner.  Sometimes a salad with no dressing or cheese. Thats my daily take. Thank your support  :)

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:39 AM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Healthy Weight Loss Weight Loss in 2009

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

honeyb3
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:42 AM

They say you need to eat 1200 calories a day or your body goes into starvation mode.

Sweetfairy28
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Quoting Cafe GroupAdmin:

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Healthy Weight Loss Weight Loss in 2009

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Thank you for letting me know about this group. I joined it and im sure i will get the help i need from there. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)