Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me decide where to put my kid's bedrooms--please!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:22 AM
  • 6 Replies

Ok, so here is the situation we're running into. We have a 4 bedroom house. 2 bedrooms on the main floor and 2 upstairs. There is no bathroom upstairs, just the one on the main floor. SO, that being said, I have 2 dd's who fight like crazy. They will not share a room, norr would I do that to them. My oldest is 4, youngest is almost 2.
Do we put them both upstairs even though we may risk them falling down the stairs and not being supervised when we're downstairs and at night falling downstairs? My youngest doesn't even walk downstairs.  OR,

Put them both on the main level where the bathroom is and keep an eye on them easily while they're playing in their rooms while I'm able to continue on with my daily routines on the main floor? That would mean we'd be upstairs at night and the kids would be downstairs by themself.
We do have 2 dogs in the house so I wouldn't worry so much about somebody breaking in but still......

What would you all do and why?? Thank you!

~mom of 2 cute girls~

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
acissejessica
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:29 AM

I think you've made up your mind already. Seems like downstairs is a good choice.

I'm Slow

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:48 AM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:

Advice for Moms

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

debbie4and6
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:52 AM

wow thats tuff. because i want to be where I can here them at night

i would have them share a room on the top floor till they got older they would have to adjust and use the two downstair bedrooms for nap and there own playrooms and may be a small couch or bed in them so they can nap while i was downstairs 

monshine2
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:55 AM

If you want them upstairs you can install a gate so they can't get down or fall down the stairs. Make sure you have locks on the windows too... Con: No bathroom for a fairly new potty trained child and one that will potty train soon.

Downstairs seems to be the "safer" bet as well as near a bathroom for the 2 kids. No worry about stairs unless they decide to come to you at night.

Bunky22
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Quoting monshine2:

If you want them upstairs you can install a gate so they can't get down or fall down the stairs. Make sure you have locks on the windows too... Con: No bathroom for a fairly new potty trained child and one that will potty train soon.

Downstairs seems to be the "safer" bet as well as near a bathroom for the 2 kids. No worry about stairs unless they decide to come to you at night.

That's what I was kinda thinking....I just hate that this house is like that!  I wish we could just buy a different house that was more practical for our family! And adding on would just cost a ton of money to put on another bedroom on the main floor....tough times now a days. UGH!! Thanks for the input though!!

~mom of 2 cute girls~

thirdtimemamma
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Personally I would let the older girl who can go up and down the stairs with out trouble sleep up stairs and keep the younger one down stairs closer to me till she is able to go up and down the stairs then she can decide where she want's her room. All three of my girls share a room and they wouldn't want it another way. They love the fact that there is always some one else there for them.

I am also a very peranoid momma and want my kids close to me so that I know they are safe. So personally I would have both kids down stairs with me and use the up stairs for office and play room, but like I said before my kids get a long great and are really inseperable so it wouldn't be a problem for them to be in a room together.

Good luck and I hope all works out for ya!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)