Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No Pork!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:28 AM
  • 7 Replies

~The decisions that have been made in Washington these past

six years, and the problems that have been ignored, have put

our country in a precarious place.
~

Barack Obama!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
myfoursonsks
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:37 AM

It is called Trichinosis.  I didn't watch the video because I have no sound on this computer.  Pork always needs to be fully cooked.  It is very rare that we have cases of trichinosis in the US.  Our pigs are raised very healthily for the most part.  In underdeveloped countries where the pigs are fed slop that is mostly comprised of rotten foods, they have a higher incidence of this.

Cook your pork and there are no issues.

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:05 PM

yet another reson to be a hand washing freak! i saw this on TV awhile back, i dunno if it was discovery health or something....eeew!

KT9105
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 7:02 PM

scare tactics like this video are stupid.  any undercooked meat will mess you up in one way or another.  this is the US not a 3rd world country, there are reasons the USDA and FDA are in place.

inkelywinkely
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 7:17 PM

Yep..exactly...and, actually, that worm is killed at a temp about 20 degrees lower than what is suggested...:)

Quoting myfoursonsks:

It is called Trichinosis.  I didn't watch the video because I have no sound on this computer.  Pork always needs to be fully cooked.  It is very rare that we have cases of trichinosis in the US.  Our pigs are raised very healthily for the most part.  In underdeveloped countries where the pigs are fed slop that is mostly comprised of rotten foods, they have a higher incidence of this.

Cook your pork and there are no issues.

Loved4Sure
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 8:26 PM

I knew about this and trichonosis....never seen one removed before 

marriedmomma3
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 8:27 PM

mmmmm pork chops lol

pregnancy due date

baby

babies
tinkerbelle18
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 8:29 PM

I agree.

Quoting KT9105:

scare tactics like this video are stupid.  any undercooked meat will mess you up in one way or another.  this is the US not a 3rd world country, there are reasons the USDA and FDA are in place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)